Question Will Star Theaters Still Honor These Coupons?

chris

HEY ALL! Ok i do have a question and i'm not really sure where to post it but i will try here but if it's wrong i'm sure David will move it LOL. Ok since the Corona Virus started and i guess it was back in January maybe February Star Theaters closed well all movie theaters closed and when you go to certain restaurants you have a stamp card and when it gets full you get a Star Theaters cinema coupon worth 1,000 yen off admission price to any movie. Ok since the closing of Star Theaters i have collected like 20 of those coupons but what do i do with them? Is Star Theaters going to honor those tickets even those expired ones because they have been closed and can't use the tickets you get from restaurants. I also don't understand those coupons do have an expiration date on them but the theaters are closed so do i keep those tickets to? Anybody know anything about these promotional tickets?
Untitled2.jpg

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I would hope so—or extend the expiration dates at the least—since they all voluntarily closed during the emergency declaration for COVID-19 by Governor Denny Tamaki.

@Snow?

OP
chris

chris

I would hope so—or extend the expiration dates at the least—since they all voluntarily closed during the emergency declaration for COVID-19 by Governor Denny Tamaki.

@Snow?
yeah see that's the thing i can't get any answers about the coupons and we have tried asking the restaurants where you get these coupons but they all give the same answer Ask Star Theaters! LOL I can't their closed. The theaters have been closed since january.

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
@chris
I've just looked it up on their website, and I believe there's no expiration date on those discount tickets? They do give such discounts all the time for their members so I don't think it will be an issue:)

OP
chris

chris

@chris
I've just looked it up on their website, and I believe there's no expiration date on those discount tickets? They do give such discounts all the time for their members so I don't think it will be an issue:)
Hi Snow thanks for looking and on the back of the coupons there are expiration dates on them and i do have coupons from January and the according to the dates on these coupons their only good for 3 months. I have recent ones now that the date says its good until July which i got last month. Heres a pic of 1 coupon for example. Now i have ones that says expired March which brings me right back to my question lol again. Do i throw away the tickets i got back in december 2019 and expired in march 2020 or do i keep them in hopes star theaters will honor them because they closed.

m96383334236_2.jpg

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Hi Snow thanks for looking and on the back of the coupons there are expiration dates on them and i do have coupons from January and the according to the dates on these coupons their only good for 3 months. I have recent ones now that the date says its good until July which i got last month. Heres a pic of 1 coupon for example. Now i have ones that says expired March which brings me right back to my question lol again. Do i throw away the tickets i got back in december 2019 and expired in march 2020 or do i keep them in hopes star theaters will honor them because they closed.

View attachment 2545
Hey, I have been trying to contact them to figure out, however, none of the contacts they have doesn't seem to work. I will call the theater once they reopen so please wait till then. ;)

OP
chris

chris

Hey, I have been trying to contact them to figure out, however, none of the contacts they have doesn't seem to work. I will call the theater once they reopen so please wait till then. ;)
Thankyou very much Snow but don't go crazy i'm sure they won't answer and they most likely won't honor anything because they would lose more money than they already have lost so they most likely will say no to the coupons thanks a lot for trying though.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
i'm sure they won't answer and they most likely won't honor anything because they would lose more money
Don't be so certain about that. Japanese business is much different than American. Hang onto them until we (she) can get you a proper answer or you might lose money by throwing them away. :)

From my own business perspective, honoring them would be better off, even if expired, because 1) they most likely pocketed the fees of a showing and 2) it could create a lifetime customer, which is more valuable, even if #1 wasn't met. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
GraftonBarrows