html:title
Who took the better photo of this abandoned Okinawa bus?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Critique my photo?
Yes
Type of feedback?
  1. Positive
  2. Neutral
  3. Harsh
@Photographer Doug does some impressive work with the gear that he's been slowly accumulating (he hasn't posted a Camera Bag thread yet). Though, you would be impressed with his older work and the camera he was using and his newer work with a better camera. The photos that he shares with me privately really inspire me to take my time and see things from different perspectives before taking a photo; his work, after this, almost makes me feel like I take snapshots and he takes photographs.

Here an original photo of a bus I found while driving down a side street, posting it as a Tuesday Treat:

He wanted to know where the photo was taken some time ago, so, I gave him a pin drop; and, nearly 4 months later, he surprised me by getting out there and taking this beauty:

If it's not apparent, he clearly took the photo on an excellent day in Okinawa while I had a lot more overcast. It appears to be at almost the same angle as my shot, but, he put more flora in the frame besides just the bus by possibly stepping back some, making it seem like the bus is more hidden than it appears from my shot.

Obviously, photography is in the eye of the beholder. That said, who did it better? ☺

Just kidding! I love how he frames his shots and his work has made me want to start sitting back longer and seeing more of what's around me before letting the shutter fly. :D

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
This was the image that brought me to this site! One of my most favorite things to photograph is abandoned scenes of which mother nature has taken over.
I like abandoned things as well as it's like it got lost in time and forgotten. Unfortunately, I was a little too late to photograph the abandoned and haunted hotel... but there are a lot of other nice buildings around the island that I would like to get out to and get shots of.

There is another hotel that is set to be demolished. Old Lequiro Resort
It would be really neat to check out before it is gone ;)
EKqnz3l.jpg

chris

Founding Member
@Photographer Doug does some impressive work with the gear that he's been slowly accumulating (he hasn't posted a Camera Bag thread yet). Though, you would be impressed with his older work and the camera he was using and his newer work with a better camera. The photos that he shares with me privately really inspire me to take my time and see things from different perspectives before taking a photo; his work, after this, almost makes me feel like I take snapshots and he takes photographs.

Here an original photo of a bus I found while driving down a side street, posting it as a Tuesday Treat:

He wanted to know where the photo was taken some time ago, so, I gave him a pin drop; and, nearly 4 months later, he surprised me by getting out there and taking this beauty:

If it's not apparent, he clearly took the photo on an excellent day in Okinawa while I had a lot more overcast. It appears to be at almost the same angle as my shot, but, he put more flora in the frame besides just the bus by possibly stepping back some, making it seem like the bus is more hidden than it appears from my shot.

Obviously, photography is in the eye of the beholder. That said, who did it better? ☺

Just kidding! I love how he frames his shots and his work has made me want to start sitting back longer and seeing more of what's around me before letting the shutter fly. :D
Ok i really like the photos but i am really not into the photography scene but i am however into engineering architecture and in the background is the expressway bridge or exit ramps but the fact is the engineering of the concrete and the pillars is out of this world designed and by all reasons just looking at it as it stands one would think how in the world is that holding up all that road? It really is beautiful work and design and its a shame that area is full of graffiti, trash, high weeds, etc. This area needs to be reformed and to me I was always thinking why isn't this structure lighted up at night time. With the proper lighting and certain areas with different colors shapes and sizes this artwork of concrete would look spectacular at night and would be a photographers dream for night shots.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I was always thinking why isn't this structure lighted up at night time
It would be nice if they did a dual color of white light and red light, either on a rotation of pillars, altogether the same color or fade from white to red and back (similar to this site's color scheme, representing both Okinawa and Japan).
I am also astounded by the architecture here in Okinawa, they have some incredible ideas!
I like the architecture of Itoman's and Nago's city office from the outward appearance (but Okinawa City office has a nice lookout tower that I've yet to visit for a 360 indoor view). They are very unique structures that from every angle have a unique look. Another building that I like is by Kinser called the "National Theatre Okinawa" per Google Maps. In order to get a good shot of it, you need to go wider than 35mm in the corner or you won't get from top to bottom as a lamp post is in the way. If you want to check it out, see Maps' images and then take a drive out to the pinned location below.

chris

Founding Member
It would be nice if they did a dual color of white light and red light, either on a rotation of pillars, altogether the same color or fade from white to red and back (similar to this site's color scheme, representing both Okinawa and Japan).
I couldn't agree more i think if they had done this kind of color scheme it would attract a lot of tourists as well as amateur photographers to professional as well for impressive night shots. Good call Dave!

chris

Founding Member

I like the architecture of Itoman's and Nago's city office from the outward appearance (but Okinawa City office has a nice lookout tower that I've yet to visit for a 360 indoor view). They are very unique structures that from every angle have a unique look. Another building that I like is by Kinser called the "National Theatre Okinawa" per Google Maps. In order to get a good shot of it, you need to go wider than 35mm in the corner or you won't get from top to bottom as a lamp post is in the way. If you want to check it out, see Maps' images and then take a drive out to the pinned location below.

this i will have to check out as well and i am familiar with Okinawa city tower and i havent been there either and i will next time we travel

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
this i will have to check out as well and i am familiar with Okinawa city tower and i havent been there either and i will next time we travel
It's on my bucket list for possibly next week. I'm wondering if I can get a full 360 panorama from within. If not, I can set up a camera on a tripod and do a full 360 video.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackjackMidnite