Question Where can I get something translated from Japanese to English in Okinawa?


New member
Official Account
A few documents need to be translated from Japanese to English. Where do I go to get them translated in Okinawa?
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.


New member
Official Account
If you are active duty or a dependent thereof, you are eligible to use Military OneSource to translate the following qualifying documents from 150 languages, including Japanese, to English for free: Leases, marriage licenses, adoption paperwork required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, birth certificates, and school transcripts.

In the instance that you are not on active duty, not in another eligibility category for Military OneSource or you have a non-qualifying document that you need to be translated from Japanese while in Okinawa, you can use Okinawa Translation and Interpreter Services located in Chatan by the Seawall. Their service fees vary per document type or on a per word basis, varying on the context, with free copies available at any time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Latest member