What? Where are you from?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Feel free to reply with a city, state/province, the country only of where you consider your hometown (not necessarily birthplace or where you grew going to elementary school, but where you considered home). If you want to introduce yourself more thoroughly, use the Meet and Greet forum. :)

I am from Belfair, WA, USA spending 18 years there and nearly 16 years in Okinawa.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Born in Illinois.
Location is considered the Quad Cities.
Spent my years there till 18th birthday.
Lived in Southern California (Los Angles county and San Bernardino county)
Spent time in Okinawa
Mainland Japan in Tokyo and in Yamaguchi prefecture

island cyclist

Founding Member
Florida is great. Nice year round weather. Did you hear Disney now is going to expand in Florida? They may just give up on California completely in the future. Incompetent politics is destroying even the safety of its workers living in that area. Sad times when you have no law and order.

Etsuko

Born in Okinawa, married a GI in 1965 now live in Buhl, Idaho. still married, have 3 grown sons, and grandkids. Would like to come back to Okinawa once more, but it has changed so much..

island cyclist

Founding Member
Born in Okinawa, married a GI in 1965 now live in Buhl, Idaho. still married, have 3 grown sons, and grandkids. Would like to come back to Okinawa once more, but it has changed so much..
I left Okinawa in the early 70's so it was the same when you were there. Really country and nice. Hope to be there in a few months to visit and tour and whatever the wind blows my way.
From the pictures that are posted here, its not the Okinawa that I remember.

Tina

Miami, Fl. and I don't miss it at all. - Well, I do miss the diversity of restaurants, but not the traffic, crime, or fasted-paced life. We've been here for 10 years and will eventually go back to the states, but not South Florida.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Miami, Fl. and I don't miss it at all. - Well, I do miss the diversity of restaurants, but not the traffic, crime, or fasted-paced life. We've been here for 10 years and will eventually go back to the states, but not South Florida.
I also lived North Miami off of 110th Biscayne Blvd. Was so nice back in 71. Not sure what it looks like today though. Come to think of it I was even cycling way back then. Did almost drown in Key Biscayne Bay though.

Tina

I also lived North Miami off of 110th Biscayne Blvd. Was so nice back in 71. Not sure what it looks like today though. Come to think of it I was even cycling way back then. Did almost drown in Key Biscayne Bay though.
All high rise condominiums in that area now. The water is still beautiful! I lived in Miami Lakes, about 15-20 minutes West.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rokanmi