Fun What Did Santa Bring You?

og:title
What Did Santa Bring You?
html:title
2019 Christmas - What did Santa bring you?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
What did Santa bring you this year? 🤔

I ended up getting a Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 as well as a "me" present that I'll post later on after I see some of your gifts.

This lens will surely help me take some better shots for Okinawa.Org with its focal range.

I'm this much closer to filling my camera bag with the Holy Trinity lens set.
  • 70-200mm
  • 24-70mm
  • 17-35mm
I do have a Canon 24-105mm F4L USM that is incredibly sharp and does fill some of the focal ranges of the other two. But from my understanding, The other two lenses are just much sharper because they're not telephoto and cover a shorter range.

Also in my camera bag: a Tamron SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD.

I think I'm falling in love with 3rd party lenses over Canon, specifically Tamron. The quality is great and at about 1/3rd-1/2 the price of a Canon L "red ring" would be.

If anything my next lens will be the Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2, even though it doesn't complete the trinity, because I like photographing airplanes and such.

I won't have any use for the 17-35mm until June for Milky Way season due to the 500 rule, with 200 being the best. To accomplish the best shots then, I will probably have to go with an Irix 15mm f/2.4 Blackstone.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Marron

Okinawa.Org CKO
Okinawa.Org Staff
I got the best snacks, food and toys for Christmas... 🥩🎄

Greenies Dental Treats for dogs & Hill's dog snacks

...but you can't see my toys, yet. I'm too busy with them. Maybe later. 🎾🐕

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members