What? What Are You Listening To?

chris

Founding Member
hey chris, what does a cheap sanshin (sp) go for there
Hey IC sorry it took me so long to reply and i got some pretty good answers for you. As it turns out Sanshin's vary in price here as i found you can get one for starting at like 2,000 yen all the way up to 300,000 yen. I also asked my wifes brother and the info he gave was pretty good and he gave 2 sites you can buy a Sanshin on as well and these apps work on cell phones to as well as laptops.
ジモティー 無料の広告掲示板
メルカリ スマホでかんたん フリマアプリ
Just type in what your looking for and there are tons of Sanshin's for sale all over Japan.
I also found out there are some good apartments to starting at 50,000 yen for 2ldk in Haebaru which is close to Naha Airport about 20 minutes by car depending on traffic. Here's the link for Okinawa apartments as well
沖縄の賃貸・不動産を探すなら【グーホーム】 物件数:25,579件
(NOTE) You will need a translator app to get translate Japanese to English i think but most browsers have that built in so you should be good to go.
Hope this answers all the questions IC?

island cyclist

Founding Member
Hey IC sorry it took me so long to reply and i got some pretty good answers for you. As it turns out Sanshin's vary in price here as i found you can get one for starting at like 2,000 yen all the way up to 300,000 yen. I also asked my wifes brother and the info he gave was pretty good and he gave 2 sites you can buy a Sanshin on as well and these apps work on cell phones to as well as laptops.
ジモティー 無料の広告掲示板
メルカリ スマホでかんたん フリマアプリ
Just type in what your looking for and there are tons of Sanshin's for sale all over Japan.
I also found out there are some good apartments to starting at 50,000 yen for 2ldk in Haebaru which is close to Naha Airport about 20 minutes by car depending on traffic. Here's the link for Okinawa apartments as well
沖縄の賃貸・不動産を探すなら【グーホーム】 物件数:25,579件
(NOTE) You will need a translator app to get translate Japanese to English i think but most browsers have that built in so you should be good to go.
Hope this answers all the questions IC?

Just got this message. I'll follow up on this. Thanks Chris.

chris

Founding Member
Hey did everyone forget about this Forum?
Ok just a little history to what I am listening to. Well i like just about all kinds of music except, Jazz, Country, Classical, J-Pop, K-Pop, and the worst of all is OPERA!
Ok anyway my favorite music to listen to is 50's & 60's music and the reason for this is because i was around all of my childhood and teens years. I was born in 1967 but as I grew up I was raised in a house that was constantly playing 50's music and 60's and my mother and her sisters and cousin's always would come over to our house cook and smoke and drink and listen to records like they were still kids but it was your average 1950's parents and then after that followed the 60's and 70's which i love this music as well.
If anyone has ever watched like movies that show 1950's and 60's family and house's in that period of time you would know what i mean on how I grew up and being around music just about all my life so far. So my biggest music and passion is 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's music and to me i wouldn't change a thing it was the best time to ever grow up and the music never disappoints still to this day, these hit songs and old memories will always make me feel young and give me a smile and make feel just about on top of the world. I am also a huge Elvis fan and to this day i still listen and watch his videos and concerts as when i was kid I and my mother use to sit our butts down in front of the TV whenever Elvis had a live music concert televised. I am so happy I had the chance in my life to watch Elvis before he died and when he did die in the 70's it was a really sad day I can tell you that. So there you have it I love that era of music and oh wait i also like the disco period and roller skating days boy what a great time that was. I found a youtube video of the things that i grew up with as well and even when i was growing up as kid these things didn't change until after mid 1980's. It's a great video of a great past with good music as well from back then

island cyclist

Founding Member
Ok just a little history to what I am listening to. Well i like just about all kinds of music except, Jazz, Country, Classical, J-Pop, K-Pop, and the worst of all is OPERA!
Ok anyway my favorite music to listen to is 50's & 60's music and the reason for this is because i was around all of my childhood and teens years. I was born in 1967 but as I grew up I was raised in a house that was constantly playing 50's music and 60's and my mother and her sisters and cousin's always would come over to our house cook and smoke and drink and listen to records like they were still kids but it was your average 1950's parents and then after that followed the 60's and 70's which i love this music as well.
If anyone has ever watched like movies that show 1950's and 60's family and house's in that period of time you would know what i mean on how I grew up and being around music just about all my life so far. So my biggest music and passion is 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's music and to me i wouldn't change a thing it was the best time to ever grow up and the music never disappoints still to this day, these hit songs and old memories will always make me feel young and give me a smile and make feel just about on top of the world. I am also a huge Elvis fan and to this day i still listen and watch his videos and concerts as when i was kid I and my mother use to sit our butts down in front of the TV whenever Elvis had a live music concert televised. I am so happy I had the chance in my life to watch Elvis before he died and when he did die in the 70's it was a really sad day I can tell you that. So there you have it I love that era of music and oh wait i also like the disco period and roller skating days boy what a great time that was. I found a youtube video of the things that i grew up with as well and even when i was growing up as kid these things didn't change until after mid 1980's. It's a great video of a great past with good music as well from back then

Cool story, Chris. I can relate to everything including what's in the video. Going to the A&W rootbeer stand was like getting a birthday present. Also, McDonald's was a special treat. Today, I try not to take things for granite (sp). But it is the simple things that keep me going these days. Glad I got to enjoy life when it was simple. Like my first car, a 4 banger Chevy 11. My dad bought it for 500 bucks I think.
Anyway, I was born in the early 50's.

chris

Founding Member
LOL a Chevy banger wow to cool. so you were born early 50's so you know exactly what i am talking about with music as it was always playing in my house via radio and records and at night with American Bandstand, Dick clark specials, Solid Gold and Soul Train. Plus you know how the women always came over to the house to cook together and take over the kitchen and talk and stuff. Yeah it was simple time but a great way to live and everything was up and up. Yes back then McDonalds was the place to go but now i never touch it hardly only when theres nothing else late at night lol. Music was music back then and it still is to this day and will never die.

island cyclist

Founding Member
LOL a Chevy banger wow to cool. so you were born early 50's so you know exactly what i am talking about with music as it was always playing in my house via radio and records and at night with American Bandstand, Dick clark specials, Solid Gold and Soul Train. Plus you know how the women always came over to the house to cook together and take over the kitchen and talk and stuff. Yeah it was simple time but a great way to live and everything was up and up. Yes back then McDonalds was the place to go but now i never touch it hardly only when theres nothing else late at night lol. Music was music back then and it still is to this day and will never die.

Yep! You may not know it but back in them days your vacuum sweepers were sold by your door to door Electrolux sweepers's salesperson. Your parents bought them on monthly payments and the sales person came every month to collect. I remember going to the neighbors house to borrow a cup a sugar. Simple days I tell ya.
Do you remember Fresca pop/soda. That stuff was so good. But suddenly the company quit selling it. It was too good to be good. I always thought that it had something illegal in it. No BS.

chris

Founding Member
Yep! You may not know it but back in them days your vacuum sweepers were sold by your door to door Electrolux sweepers. Your parents bought them on monthly payments and the sales person came every month to collect. I remember going to the neighbors house to borrow a cup a sugar. Simple days I tell ya.
Do you remember Fresca pop/soda. That stuff was so good. But suddenly the company quit selling it. It was too good to be good. I always thought that it had something illegal in it. No BS.
LMAO yes i remember the vacuum as my mother had one. when i grew up later i laughed at my mother because the vacuum looked like a submarine or a missile. Fresca was the thing i loved that stuff it was awesome and i use to drink the lemon lime always. Also back then you use get cases of soda delivered to the door by basket or carton of 12 bottles.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Not at all. :)

I just got hooked on YouTube for news and Spotify for music. I suppose I'll have to drop some videos of new (old, but new) songs that ran across my playlists as videos (though, you're more than welcome to also post just the artist/song title too).

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Going through my playlist tonight while catching up on some stuff, this 💧jerker came up (watch the video and read the text along with listening to the music).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Leighannreid