Answered USO: Operation Birthday — How can I get my son sent a cake in November?

og:title
USO Operation Birthday Cake
html:title
USO Operation Birthday Cake in Okinawa — Send Now!

Sherri

My son is currently stationed in Kadena, It will be his 3rd birthday away from us in a row , over 500 days since I've physically hugged him . I would really like to have something special for him ,if possible. Please let me know how or what my options are and if cost is involved I will def provide that as well. I love everything about the USO program growing up with a military family. Thank you for your time , Sincerely, Sherri Peck

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
Solution

Operation Birthday Cake: Okinawa​

We've received three messages since this question has been asked. As it appears to be so popular, Okinawa.Org reached out to the helpful staff at...

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account

Operation Birthday Cake: Okinawa​

We've received three messages since this question has been asked. As it appears to be so popular, Okinawa.Org reached out to the helpful staff at the United Service Organizations (USO) on Kadena Air Base to gather information on how to send your military member a cake from abroad.

What is Operation Birthday Cake?​

Operation Birthday Cake is a completely free program offered by the USO that surprises a friend or loved one with a personalized cake on their birthday. In order for you to send someone a cake, you must be outside of Okinawa—such as in the States.

How to Send a Cake​

This process is fairly straightforward: You fill out and submit this application for Operation Birthday Cake in Okinawa.

If the above form doesn't work for you, attempt to seek the application link out on the main page for the program in Okinawa as seen here.

Still having problems? It was advised by the staff here on Island for you to call any USO in the United States and a staff member or volunteer of that USO center would be glad to assist you.

The last resort should be to stay up late to call a USO over here in Okinawa. Before doing that, however, you should email the USO program manager in Okinawa regarding Operation Birthday Cake: okinawaprograms@uso.org

That's It!​

Now go on and surprise someone on their birthday with the USO's free program Operation Birthday Cake while they're so far away from you serving in Okinawa!

Solution

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackjackMidnite