OP
Okinawa

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
when i sign in ads disappear when i sign out ads appear
That's odd.

They appear on all of our accounts, personal and Okinawa.Org representative.

Thank you for the report.

OP
Okinawa

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Ok adblocker off before sign in i get 3 ads for travel. when i sign in i get the same ads
Ok. Thank you. :)

We believe the problem is resolved then. Feel free to turn on the ad blocker—as it is an opt-in option for members—and report back as this is merely a test on ad placement and whether it is intrusive or not. Or, you can leave it off/whitelist our site to support us.

chris

Founding Member
Ok. Thank you. :)

We believe the problem is resolved then. Feel free to turn on the ad blocker—as it is an opt-in option for members—and report back as this is merely a test on ad placement and whether it is intrusive or not. Or, you can leave it off/whitelist our site to support us.
Yes boss right away boss! I will white list yes i will boss just wait and see :ROFLMAO:

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Yes boss right away boss! I will white list yes i will boss just wait and see :ROFLMAO:
Too funny. Thanks for helping me out though.

We have several different accounts that can perform different tasks on this site and not 1 "member" account to test with. I'm sure if I had made a member account, it would've been solved from day 1. But, we're only on a trial and will be adding it as an option to opt-out soon. Though, I didn't want to pad our numbers with more than the ~10 "official" accounts we have (minus our personal accounts that don't represent the views of Okinawa.Org as a whole).

chris

Founding Member
Too funny. Thanks for helping me out though.

We have several different accounts that can perform different tasks on this site and not 1 "member" account to test with. I'm sure if I had made a member account, it would've been solved from day 1. But, we're only on a trial and will be adding it as an option to opt-out soon. Though, I didn't want to pad our numbers with more than the ~10 "official" accounts we have (minus our personal accounts that don't represent the views of Okinawa.Org as a whole).
IT'S ALL GOOD DON'T WORRY I'M ON THE CASE! and don't call me sherlock mr.funny man :ROFLMAO:

chris

Founding Member
The only problem i have with ads is it slows down the site when games come up like Tanks, and battleship, the ads want you to play it and it makes things slow other than that its ok so far

OP
Okinawa

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Okinawa.Org will be moving to a new and more powerful server tonight while most users will be in bed.

The response time as you see it now will be very minimal to the human eye as we are on a decent server already. However, the move will allow us to scale our storage as needed; meaning, the Okinawa photo gallery will support videos much sooner than later (at 1080p initially) as we can scale up as opposed to being locked in at a set size. Additionally, we'll be able to serve 10s to 100s of thousands more images in the gallery and across the Okinawa forum with minimal costs as we march ahead into 2021.

That said, the trial run for ads will be over. There will be a guide for those that wish to remove advertisements made and posted tomorrow.

chris

Founding Member
Okinawa.Org will be moving to a new and more powerful server tonight while most users will be in bed.

The response time as you see it now will be very minimal to the human eye as we are on a decent server already. However, the move will allow us to scale our storage as needed; meaning, the Okinawa photo gallery will support videos much sooner than later (at 1080p initially) as we can scale up as opposed to being locked in at a set size. Additionally, we'll be able to serve 10s to 100s of thousands more images in the gallery and across the Okinawa forum with minimal costs as we march ahead into 2021.

That said, the trial run for ads will be over. There will be a guide for those that wish to remove advertisements made and posted tomorrow.
so i guess i can turn off whitelisting now

OP
Okinawa

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
well i didnt unwhitelist you guys lol your good on my end
There were a few hiccups with our move last night, mainly the site not responding on our end with our ISP. We will disable posting images during the move tonight—possibly throughout tomorrow—and the switch should be seamless as the text we read is on one server but images on another. As far as opt-in/opt-out, that will follow the next day when the new server is accessible around the world. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aldjal