DISCUSS U.S. Marine Corps Corporal Arrested For Stealing Bicycle In Naha

HappyGaijin

Nothing to discuss, really, this IS FUNNY! What is NOT funny is how the anti-base folks WILL add this to the list of talking points whenever they list "reasons the bases should close" and for that I am regretful. For sure he shouldn't have taken what didn't belong to him and it likely inconvenienced that worker quite a bit. Sorry guy!

It's just too bad that Marine wasn't from Camp Schwab! They could have used this in the anti-Henoko fight! 🤔

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Nothing to discuss, really, this IS FUNNY!
On on side of the coin, I was a former Corporal myself (and got out as such) and can look back on my past shenanigans (never anything to harm anyone or to take their property) to agree that this is pretty funny as I can picture this happening at that time.

On the other side, I've aged and now a permanent resident of Japan as well as the founder of this site that will bridge the gap of all communities when we go multilingual in the future. With that said, I have to say that it's not funny as you've mentioned:

For sure he shouldn't have taken what didn't belong to him and it likely inconvenienced that worker quite a bit. Sorry guy!

This will be a pretty weak talking point, even for the Henoko fight. They didn't even choose to cover it today with more information from the police station as they probably figured it's the equivalent to a low-class/petty misdemeanor—he most likely would be released by now, even as a citizen, but I'm sure he's already in the hands of his command (with possibly one less stripe and having to not only redo chevrons but remove the stripes on trousers as well 😬).

However, I'm sure in the next day or two, we'll see it in Stripes and/or an official statement from III MEF for damage control as this article has been read by nearly every active duty and retired Marine by now. I say that because unbeknownst to most, the USS Green Bay also docked at White Beach early yesterday morning (which could make sense with timing: Dock, get drunk, steal a bike later). A lot of this petty stuff is typically caused by those guys. Having mentioned that, he could have been from Camp Hansen, but just arrived on the USS Green Bay, which would somewhat lessen the impact of this.

Good to see you around though. I hope to see you in for forum more often! :)

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnD