Opinion Two Types Of People To Pitch Business Ideas To

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
In business, you might eventually run into some type of slump where you need help from others for growth or to even get your feet wet. This meme came across my feed today and I found it appropriate to not only have a laugh at but to also discuss it too.

Two types of people in business pitches.

"Two types of people when you are telling them your business ideas"

This perfectly describes the outside (or inside) of someone you're pitching your business to in order to get it where you want. They could act like the person on the left and either think you're clueless or the person on the right and think you're smart and they want in on the deal. Even though both of these people exist, the roles I described above could be reversed as well. The one on the left could think your plan is great, but it needs work and can help you get there while the person on the right could think that your idea will never take off, even with their help.

Even though business is a science, there's an art that lies beneath. There's an art to business to have it go in the intended direction. But, you may need assistance at one time for that to happen. Having the talent to pick a great partner or investor could help both of you succeed or fail, but, together. And you know what they say about two minds being better than one...

From personal experience, I've even had someone on the right, the third type not mentioned, so interested in my idea to fully fund it: that should've tipped me off that something was wrong, and it was. He ended up stealing the entire business from under my feet.

So, there is the sly fox to watch out for as well. With that mentioned, keep your ideas low key and try to elevator pitch your idea at first as opposed to laying it all out upfront. By giving everything away in a pitch, you could inadvertently create a potential competitor while you're left in the dust.

Everybody is full of great ideas, ideas that help you solve problems. If you have an idea and it helps solve your problem, it most likely will solve other people's problems as well. While it may seem silly or stupid to pursue, it likely isn't. It's also bound to make some kind of money; maybe not millionaire money, but money.

One must either go at it alone or get everything in order prior to a pitch to not have thievery as ideas alone cannot be protected. I'm not saying trust no one in business, but, protect yourself as well. Also, find support in either type of person described, besides the sly fox, as they can help you launch into realms you never thought were possible.

Either way, we're across the ocean in Okinawa. Being able to find someone here is rough and you might have to end up doing it all on your own. However, I hope that's not the case. There are plenty of business savvy people here that would invest in you and your ideas for a cut of the deal: you just need to find your time to search for them as they're unlikely to find you.

Be able to read people and stay away from the sly fox; I've met a few sly foxes in Okinawa ready to pounce on an idea or take advantage of people that are already down to get themselves even further ahead.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

chris

Founding Member
In business, you might eventually run into some type of slump where you need help from others for growth or to even get your feet wet. This meme came across my feed today and I found it appropriate to not only have a laugh at but to also discuss it too.

View attachment 2517
"Two types of people when you are telling them your business ideas"

This perfectly describes the outside (or inside) of someone you're pitching your business to in order to get it where you want. They could act like the person on the left and either think you're clueless or the person on the right and think you're smart and they want in on the deal. Even though both of these people exist, the roles I described above could be reversed as well. The one on the left could think your plan is great, but it needs work and can help you get there while the person on the right could think that your idea will never take off, even with their help.

Even though business is a science, there's an art that lies beneath. There's an art to business to have it go in the intended direction. But, you may need assistance at one time for that to happen. Having the talent to pick a great partner or investor could help both of you succeed or fail, but, together. And you know what they say about two minds being better than one...

From personal experience, I've even had someone on the right, the third type not mentioned, so interested in my idea to fully fund it: that should've tipped me off that something was wrong, and it was. He ended up stealing the entire business from under my feet.

So, there is the sly fox to watch out for as well. With that mentioned, keep your ideas low key and try to elevator pitch your idea at first as opposed to laying it all out upfront. By giving everything away in a pitch, you could inadvertently create a potential competitor while you're left in the dust.

Everybody is full of great ideas, ideas that help you solve problems. If you have an idea and it helps solve your problem, it most likely will solve other people's problems as well. While it may seem silly or stupid to pursue, it likely isn't. It's also bound to make some kind of money; maybe not millionaire money, but money.

One must either go at it alone or get everything in order prior to a pitch to not have thievery as ideas alone cannot be protected. I'm not saying trust no one in business, but, protect yourself as well. Also, find support in either type of person described, besides the sly fox, as they can help you launch into realms you never thought were possible.

Either way, we're across the ocean in Okinawa. Being able to find someone here is rough and you might have to end up doing it all on your own. However, I hope that's not the case. There are plenty of business savvy people here that would invest in you and your ideas for a cut of the deal: you just need to find your time to search for them as they're unlikely to find you.

Be able to read people and stay away from the sly fox; I've met a few sly foxes in Okinawa ready to pounce on an idea or take advantage of people that are already down to get themselves even further ahead.
LOL i like this story very interesting to but there's a slight variation i would like to point out. I mean your right about the people who you need to talk to and stay away from but i have worked in the business sector all my life and i can you from experiences i have heard and seen which should be added to the types of people you don't talk to and that's family. Now don't get me wrong i'm not saying families are bad to talk to but some families have the tendency to make things slip out in the open when talking to others and its usually your business idea's that was just let out of the bag for others to grab and use. The other part is some family members are jealous of siblings and some hate their bothers and sisters and such, and will use your ideas for there own gain. Good story though Dave!

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
which should be added to the types of people you don't talk to and that's family
That's an excellent point, @chris!

Business and family don't quite mix when running a business together. The same can be said about starting a business in a relationship too. Both of which can be disastrous and rip families apart, be it for success or failure.

chris

Founding Member
You know speaking of business i really cannot figure Okinawa and business deals and there have been plenty of deals that have pitched here but former Governors of Okinawa have denied businesses from ever coming about. For example: Governor Onaga during his terms had an opportunity for Okinawa to get a Universal Studio Theme Park a few years ago. Now this would have generated millions of dollars for Okinawa and would have created thousands of jobs But something went wrong there between Onaga and Universal Studios. Now rumor has it Onaga didn;t want to invest the money once he heard how much it would cost to join with Universal Studios which would interfere with his budget on fighting Futenma which all Govorners has done and the taxpayers money keeps going for the same thing over over with every different Governor.
Now after this rumor was heard Universal Studios backed out for some reason and Onaga said in a interview Universal Studios did a more in depth study on Okinawa and its tourist seasons and the yearly income of Okinawa and its people and they determined that Okinawa doesn't turn enough revenue from the tourist that come here and Universal Studios wouldn't make any money and tourist count wasn't high enough for Universal to Build a theme park. Now thats just about the biggest pack of lies i have ever heard and i believe the rumor about Onaga turning down the theme park so he can have his fight with Futenma like others Governors and to have money in his pocket from it. So That's bad business from our past governor because Universal Studios makes money and makes tourists.
Now the other thing which is really great business finally COSTCO won the battle against the supermarket on Okinawa and coming Soon will be a COSTCO. But if you ask a Governor of Okinawa to do business that generates money for the people you most likely will get turned down because it will interfere with the money the Governors of Okinawa love to have and spend on Futenma which is a never ending business deal that Okinawans get shafted out of really good business. Any thoughts guys on Okinawa business and what we need on Okinawa to get tourists and get Okinawa with the rich and famous lifestyle maybe?

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebeccamoyer