Opinion The Wire vs. Breaking Bad?

What is your favorite TV show (that I should also consider watching on my 10-day inpatient stay)?

• Breaking Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wire

• Ozark

• Other (Reply Below)

• Total voters
og:title
The Wire vs. Breaking Bad
html:title
The Wire vs. Breaking Bad: Worth The Watch?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
This article came across my recommended news feed this early morning before going to bed.

I called a good friend back home some time ago and recall Breaking Bad being brought up somehow. He said if I liked Breaking Bad, that I'd also enjoy Ozark.

So, as we're all stuck in place, for the most part, I binge-watched the series.

This just came up so I Googled it and it appears to have a similar story and plot as the former two.

I haven't watched the pilot or first episode yet as I'd like some feedback on whether I should get wrapped up in this series or spend my time doing something else.

I have a 10-day hospital stay coming up on the 28th and would like input on how to spend it as well as learning which program(s) you liked and why.

...perhaps a book might be better as I can't recall the last book that I fully read. 🤔

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
I don't generally watch movies since our cable is at the minimum , so I just watch kung fun movies on YouTube.

Hope you inpatient stay goes well for you. I had an inpatient stay years ago, got to say the food they fed you was way too much. Good food and well balance diet.
Will you have to wear a mask while in your room?

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Well, there was a communication error between the doctor stating how long I would be checked in and the administrative/billing department of the hospital. Something I didn't know about Japanese health insurance is month-to-month maximum stays being capped at a certain price and not exceeding it.

As the internal medicine doctor scheduled me in on July 28 with an "unknown" checkout date, it put me 4 days into July with an unknown stay into August—he was estimating 10 with me, but the overseeing physician said it could be 10, extended by 7 at a time.

I would then be charged the 30% of the bill for the 4 days in July as opposed to the monthly cap in August, plus the monthly cap into August resulting in a much larger bill.

We postponed my stay until September as it's not that urgent. Though, because of the new dates and the unknown amount of days I will stay, it's wiser as the bill will be hundreds of dollars less.

Least it gives me more time to plan. I also learned something new about inpatient hospital visits. :)

island cyclist

Founding Member
Well, there was a communication error between the doctor stating how long I would be checked in and the administrative/billing department of the hospital. Something I didn't know about Japanese health insurance is month-to-month maximum stays being capped at a certain price and not exceeding it.

As the internal medicine doctor scheduled me in on July 28 with an "unknown" checkout date, it put me 4 days into July with an unknown stay into August—he was estimating 10 with me, but the overseeing physician said it could be 10, extended by 7 at a time.

I would then be charged the 30% of the bill for the 4 days in July as opposed to the monthly cap in August, plus the monthly cap into August resulting in a much larger bill.

We postponed my stay until September as it's not that urgent. Though, because of the new dates and the unknown amount of days I will stay, it's wiser as the bill will be hundreds of dollars less.

Least it gives me more time to plan. I also learned something new about inpatient hospital visits. :)

Also, if the hospital over charges you, the city which verifies your bill from the hospital or any doctors in fact, you can get a refund. I know this from my experience with the hospital here. And yes, they do over charge you, mainly to see what they can get away with.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Thanks for that tidbit, @island cyclist. Since they possibly tried to get away with this scheduling — quite possibly knowing that I'd be in for over 4 days from the beginning — I will definitely check with the city office to see if it's accurately billed now.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Thanks for that tidbit, @island cyclist. Since they possibly tried to get away with this scheduling — quite possibly knowing that I'd be in for over 4 days from the beginning — I will definitely check with the city office to see if it's accurately billed now.

The city sends you an invoice of the billings. There you check it for the dates and who you saw. Hospital invoices are about the same. The city office verifies the actions taken at the hospital and if they find they over charge you , you'll get a letter with some paper work to fill out for the refund. Our refund was 400000 yen. I had a stay of close to 2 months at that time.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebeccamoyer