Opinion Taller People Face Higher Risk Of COVID-19

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Well, well, well... It looks like being 5'7" (170 cm) is finally paying off.

Taller people face a higher risk of catching COVID-19

Who can we really believe anymore? ?

Okinawa (and Japan) should be relatively safe compared to the US. The average height in the US is 5'9" (175 cm) while the average height in Japan is 5'2"(160 cm). That explains our relatively low numbers compared to the US, and not the fact that we're not testing, doesn't it? ?

This is from the New York Post, mind you. I think they're just reaching for clicks at this point...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

chris

Founding Member
Well, well, well... It looks like being 5'7" (170 cm) is finally paying off.

Who can we really believe anymore? ?

Okinawa (and Japan) should be relatively safe compared to the US. The average height in the US is 5'9" (175 cm) while the average height in Japan is '2"(160 cm). That explains our relatively low numbers compared to the US, and not the fact that we're not testing, doesn't it? ?

This is from the New York Post, mind you. I think they're just reaching for clicks at this point...
LMAO What load of garbage. I'm 5'9 and havent gotten a thing plus i'm O Positive in blood type so my blood is saving me i guess. New York Post is like sci-fi reading

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Well, I was the shortest in bootcamp, that's for sure.
I wasn't the shortest, but I definitely was the lightest. By third-phase recruit training (USMC), I weighed in at 119 lbs/53-54 kg (the lightest of the 80~ recruits at any height) which scared my senior DI enough to put me on double rations (plus plus), ensuring a DI watched and made me eat all I could before quarter decking me to death afterward. ?

I think I left at about 120-125 (max), which was still quite below weight.
plus i'm O Positive in blood type so my blood is saving me i guess
And another coronavirus guess. ?

I think I saw this one earlier and was like... :rolleyes:

Can we all just get COVID-19 and get it over with already?

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rokanmi