So what are your plans now that GW is over

island cyclist

Founding Member
I think we will see this on the main island. One will to be held involuntarily to its prefecture. This is already in place. Luckily we have only about 4 main roads to travel on and these can all be blocked if it becomes necessary.
I for one, will be out cycling until they restrict it. Living outside of the city, it maybe hard to enforce or not even enforced at all.
Other then that, have a few bbq's with potatoes and corn. I like ground chicken patties and not steak.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Same as before: Keep roaming Okinawa. :)

Although, the weather turned from the last two days so I might stay indoors today. However, if the water lasts on the ground, some night photography in puddles of areas "highly encouraged to close" should be fun with the reflection of many lights and signs.

chris

Founding Member
I think we will see this on the main island. One will to be held involuntarily to its prefecture. This is already in place. Luckily we have only about 4 main roads to travel on and these can all be blocked if it becomes necessary.
I for one, will be out cycling until they restrict it. Living outside of the city, it maybe hard to enforce or not even enforced at all.
Other then that, have a few bbq's with potatoes and corn. I like ground chicken patties and not steak.
I don't think the government can go blocking roads into any city unless it is quarantined like Fukushima. Plans after GW well i still have to stay home schools arent open so in a sense i am still under stay at home request until schools reopen. huge Bummer but i did however apply for new jobs that will be opening in August so until then looks like im still a housewife lol

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I don't think the government can go blocking roads into any city unless it is quarantined like Fukushima. Plans after GW well i still have to stay home schools arent open so in a sense i am still under stay at home request until schools reopen. huge Bummer but i did however apply for new jobs that will be opening in August so until then looks like im still a housewife lol
Nope. I don't think they can do that.

All they're doing here is roping off parking lots to parks and having police drive by warning people not to park on the street, which can seemingly fit everyone that the parking lots can with no congestion. However, they're just verbal warnings. Like Area 51 "they can't stop us all" it's "they can't ticket and tow us all". ;)

Some were scared at the beachfront park where I went yesterday and left when the police were encouraging and warning over loudspeakers with their oh so intimidating red lights (that after a while mean nothing because they use them all the time), but about 3/4 stayed in place until sunset.

PS: We posted exactly at the same time (10 AM; I might've been a nanosecond quicker ?)

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
Same as before: Keep roaming Okinawa. :)

Although, the weather turned from the last two days so I might stay indoors today. However, if the water lasts on the ground, some night photography in puddles of areas "highly encouraged to close" should be fun with the reflection of many lights and signs.

What kind of camera set-up do you use?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
What kind of camera set-up do you use?
I have:
  • Canon T6i that I started with, but now use it for a 1.6x crop (meaning any full-frame lens put on it is "magnified" by 1.6x, but the sensor isn't as good so I have to pump up ISO to get a 'clean' shot of far away and fast-moving things, which the T6i can't handle without a lot of noise)
  • Canon 5D Mark IV;
  • Go Pro Hero 8 Black with a ton of GoPro brand accessories (prior to knowing that I could've gotten 5x no name-brand ones for the same price);
  • Tamron 70-200 F2.8 G2 (on the T6i it's 112mm-320mm);
  • Canon F4L 24-105mm (on the T6i it's 38-168mm);
  • Tamron SP35mm F1.8;
  • An aluminum Manfrotto tripod (carbon fiber was out of stock so I settled);
  • ...and a couple $30-70 filters for long exposure and UV filters I just put on for lens protection, even in the case, but take off for shots; I still need to get a polarizing filter as that'd just drastically turn the blues of Okinawa's water awesome without post-editing.

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
I have:
  • Canon T6i that I started with, but now use it for a 1.6x crop (meaning any full-frame lens put on it is "magnified" by 1.6x, but the sensor isn't as good so I have to pump up ISO to get a 'clean' shot of far away and fast-moving things, which the T6i can't handle without a lot of noise)
  • Canon 5D Mark IV;
  • Go Pro Hero 8 Black with a ton of GoPro brand accessories (prior to knowing that I could've gotten 5x no name-brand ones for the same price);
  • Tamron 70-200 F2.8 G2 (on the T6i it's 112mm-320mm);
  • Canon F4L 24-105mm (on the T6i it's 38-168mm);
  • Tamron SP35mm F1.8;
  • An aluminum Manfrotto tripod (carbon fiber was out of stock so I settled);
  • ...and a couple $30-70 filters for long exposure and UV filters I just put on for lens protection, even in the case, but take off for shots; I still need to get a polarizing filter as that'd just drastically turn the blues of Okinawa's water awesome without post-editing.
Cool.
I think once I learn some of the more advance features of my camera, it may make taking pictures a bit more fun.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Some were scared at the beachfront park where I went yesterday and left when the police were encouraging and warning over loudspeakers with their oh so intimidating red lights (that after a while mean nothing because they use them all the time), but about 3/4 stayed in place until sunset.
With 5000 friends, you're bound to spot yourself in a post. This one hit my feed today. I was the black car that let the cop go by before I parallel parked a bit farther down the road.

1588731899945.png

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rokanmi