So how will Okinawa change once the tourist return

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
I was able to spend a few days in Okinawa last August and I got to admit it was really quiet. No tourist actually. Hopefully I'll return sometime again this year but won't be August, too hot to really do any serious cycling or camping.
Have prices gone down any with no tourist now ?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Ta-Noza

Impact
That's a good question.
I'm working as a consultant for a startup.
Due to Covid-19, tourist airlines, hotels and restaurants are not very active.
On the other hand, many people think that Covid-19 will be over by the end of this year and see it as an opportunity to start new businesses.
For example, telework is progressing in Tokyo, and interest in the local area is increasing.
Naha City ranks 8th in the "areas I want to move to" and 5th in the "areas I want to live in two locations".
In fact, real estate prices (including used ones) have been rising in Naha City.

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
I stayed downtown in Naha and the price was 3600 yen with buffet breakfast. Not sure if it was off season price but the morning buffet seem to have few people eating there. I was quick to realize for Naha, one needs a scooter. Cycling was OK, but a scooter really is necessary. I hope to get back there and maybe check out the rentals. If anything I just need like a student type rental. You have any idea what they go for? Thanks.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
I'm working as a consultant for a startup.
Perhaps we can get together and share some of the deals to a wider audience? If you have any packages or discounts you can provide to Okinawa.Org and its members, we can get it shot out to our fairly large social audience — win-win.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBev