Japan Quarter of Japan univ. students thought of quitting school amid virus

Politics involving Okinawa and/or Japan as a whole

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
What is Japan, and the rest of the world, doing?
A quarter of Japanese university students supported by a charity said they have thought of quitting school amid the coronavirus pandemic, mainly citing financial hardship and a decline in motivation, a survey by the group showed.
This is bound to end well for the failing Abenomics. Surely, more immigrants can make up for the loss though.
Asked to what extent they had given it a thought, 20.9 percent said "somewhat," while 4.1 percent replied "very much." Those who were "considering" doing so accounted for 0.7 percent, according to the online survey by the Tokyo-based Ashinaga.
While I believe in trade school and jobs that pay highly based upon a specific trade learned, imagine 5% or more dropping out of university now.
The Ashinaga poll also found that 36.7 percent of the guardians surveyed have seen their income decrease amid the outbreak.
Both guardians and future adults thereof will still face the burden of debt due to dropping out with bills to pay. However, the mental health crisis in Japan has always been high and has only increased due to Covid.

So what's one to do?

Full article: Quarter of Japan univ. students thought of quitting school amid virus

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Personally, I see the academic side of nations that have had a poor education structure actually come out ahead of this, and the reason why is this : THEY ARE ' HUNGRY ' FOR AN EDUCATION.

Those that have been " remedially " educated in 1st world countries now are getting too fat and lazy for their own good. There are two types of people in my opinion. One is the leader/delegator and the other is the follower/modern day servant/boss type relationship.
Today we have too many leaders and not enough people that are in remedial type of learning, in other words, start dumbing down the population.
Have you been to a McD's lately here. If it weren't for the management, you'd be stepping in piss in the men's restrooms. I only order coffee these days, and when the cashier touches the rim of my coffee cup, I point it out to them... their expression... go back to the country you came from ass....
Getting bad even at McD's these days. LOL

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
One is the leader/delegator and the other is the follower/modern day servant/boss type relationship.
I wondered if this figure applied to the abundant amount of trade schools in Japan. If the same numbers apply, Japan could be in a world of trouble. While a college education is nice, we still need the people to do the tough jobs that simply can't be learned by taking a test.

As Elon Musk said, "Too many MBAs' are running American companies."

We need a pullback of MBA's in America, for sure. How that applies to Japan is a whole different story as the education system is much different and that's apparent in the fact that high school is not required.
Getting bad even at McD's these days.
It's been on a downfall for a while. Supposedly, it was quite prestigious and good to have McD on your resume as a stepping stone because it used to show that your interpersonal skills were out of this world.

I'm not sure how that holds up now though...

island cyclist

Founding Member
It's been on a downfall for a while. Supposedly, it was quite prestigious and good to have McD on your resume as a stepping stone because it used to show that your interpersonal skills were out of this world.

I'm not sure how that holds up now though...

Here locally we have 4 McDonald's and one of they I refuse to go to any longer. Why, the condition of the store and the conditions of the employees . This store just can't find help because those that get hired last maybe 2 weeks at the most. I think I know why. The employees cook and also work the register . That is a NO NO for me.

The other store too is in a mall. Business is very slow Monday thru Thursday. Weekends get a bit crowed and something just doesn't pan out in this store. I only drink coffee there.

The most popular store is located where 3 high schools are located. Dead after breakfast till the school kids rush. Gets jammed packed, but this is the one I hang out in the most.

The other one is next to Donkey Hotei. Gets its regular customers. I always get my coffee there and sometimes order a freshly made 110 yen hamburger. Long time employees work there and although I 've seen cockroaches on the floor, what can I do...

Mc Donald's have no other choice but to start employing foreign students at most locations in all major cities. Also, recently hiring the handicap seems to be a big promotion to get new employees.

Just really no where to go to get a 100 yen cup of coffee these day other then McD's.