Fun Pretty Eventful Night And Following Morning At 7-Eleven In Okinawa

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I wanted to get a sneak peek, before the opening ceremonies of 7-Eleven on Okinawa.

So I traveled to Itoman where their first location was announced earlier this year to ask if I could get some up close pictures of 7-Eleven branded products. They were hesitant at first but went back and forth in the store to discuss with management. As I wanted pictures of just the 7-Eleven stuff, they politely declined as that shipment didn't arrive by that time—they were still working throughout the night to get everything ready by morning.

I thought, maybe, just maybe, Naha would've been stocked first. And, by being able to peer through the windows, I could tell that it was. However, by about 11 p.m., the store appeared fully stocked, but no longer staffed.

So, I gave up for the night of the 10th and returned home. I set my alarm for 6 a.m. to capture history in the making, the opening of the first store 7-Eleven had announced with their Kanahide joint venture that is now located in the parking lot of Sun Plaza in Itoman City.

I was able to get some great shots and see what they had to offer over Family Mart and Lawson this morning.

For the most part, they all sell the same "convenience store" items that you'd expect. Though, 7-Eleven does carry some other products such as Fanta's Melon Soda that has apparently been out of stock elsewhere, for, like, ever.

Other than that, it looked like they had some unique recipes for their sandwiches, rice balls, salads, etc. and even had some frozen foods.

Related Article:
Seven-Eleven Opening At 7 A.M. On 7-11-2019

News  Seven-Eleven Opening At 7 A.M. On 7-11-2019

Seven-Eleven Japan Co. previously stated that they would be entering Okinawa Prefecture with their first Okinawa Seven-Eleven convenience store located in the parking lot of Sun Plaza in Itoman City due in part to a joint venture with Kanahide. Since then, there has been a shift of plans and...

Pictures of what 7-Eleven Okinawa has to offer can be seen in the above news' discussion thread.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Mika