Opinion On and off for 2 years

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
The love bug, or Covid-19 in Okinawa, struck nearly two years ago on February 14, 2020 (Valentine's Day, as to why I call it the "love bug").

Since then, there have been so many restrictions imposed everywhere that it's hard to keep up and have fun here.

I suspect a lot of the businesses in our Okinawa yellow pages have closed and will need a revamp... but I plan on rebooting it this year, along with the blog to introduce new Okinawa favorites, as I believe there is no longer anything to fear. Stay within guidelines set, and if you're SOFA, abide by the restrictions in place. Though, you should have a fresh list of things to do with updates coming again weekly. :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
I gave up on the fear factor. Doing what I want to do these days, although you won't catch me going into the 100 yen sushi places.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
I gave up on the fear factor. Doing what I want to do these days, although you won't catch me going into the 100 yen sushi places.
I have too, and I did so a long while ago.

It's just a balance of Okinawa.Org ownership, promoting what type of tourism can be "safely done", and the image that will give the site from the time it's rebooted going forward.

I'm sure I can think of a lot of things in Okinawa that people could do which not a lot of people are doing at once as I've experienced the places before (or can even find new gems). I'll just need to make a list of those things and go out and do them to share as this site is becoming more of a priority over other investments.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
I would write on a positive side of what is taking place. Remember us on the mainland still visit Okinawa. I was surprised at the low cost of hotel rooms. Check out Nest Hotel, see if they want to advertise on your site.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
David, of course Japanese go to travel agencies, but foreign motorcyclist and cyclist forums is where you could advertise their hotels.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
David, of course Japanese go to travel agencies, but foreign motorcyclist and cyclist forums is where you could advertise their hotels.
I'm not too sure about any forums like this where there are niche communities that travel to cycle, especially not as far out as something like Okinawa.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenC