David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
The year is already wrapping up, but I figured we should start an Okinawa Photos thread and continue it from the beginning of each year, quite possibly starting with the traditional first sunrise of the year (hatsuhinode). The 2020 thread will continue through to December 31, the 2021 thread will begin on January 1, 2021, and so on...

You may, like I, post random snapshots or photos with your B camera or whatever device you have on hand. I will most likely be using whatever smartphone I have with me or my GoPro while out as it's easier to frame up and get a unique snapshot. But, if you have a professional camera, feel free to upload those photos and post them here too! I will use the media gallery for those photos as it provides for more megapixels and print-ready photos though.

Here is a random picture took on 11/1/2020 in Depot Island in American Village to kick things off.

Just a random statue standing in Depot Island (Taken with a Samsung Note 9)

Apart from starting Tuesday Treat back up sooner than later, I'll probably post a random photo here for the day—taken on the day or randomly selected from my library of 1000s of pictures—of something Okinawa related, whether I spend time on post edits or not.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Do they have to have been taken in 2020?
Good question...

I took the sunrise on 2020 and posted it so I figure that the photos could be taken in the year of when the thread starts with as many cameras are out there, whether a phone to being prograde. However if you have something that reminds you of 2020 taken in 2017, why not? :)

No strict rules. Just pictures to look at.

Gotchya!

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
A crab taking a walk through Naha City...

A crab that apparently got lost. He would've had to take about a 750-meter trip through the night in a densely populated area, go over Route 58 (331), and cross an airstrip at Naha Airport before making it back to the water had we not shoe boxed it and taken it back to the beach tonight.

WA6

Founding Member

A crab that apparently got lost. He would've had to take about a 750-meter trip through the night in a densely populated area, go over Route 58 (331), and cross an airstrip at Naha Airport before making it back to the water had we not shoe boxed it and taken it back to the beach tonight.
How did that get lost in the middle of nowhere!?😳

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Is that near your place
Everything is essentially near us in Okinawa as it's such a small island. The problem is getting there with not very well thought out infrastructure for traffic, so to get to this particular place (a new area in American Village/Depot Island) which has some nice fish tank window displays takes about 45 minutes, but is only about 14 kilometers away. :)
How did that get lost in the middle of nowhere!?😳
No idea! It just ran across the road when I was getting ready to retire for the night. The fam & I boxed it up and took it to the beach real quick so it would have a surviving chance and not become roadkill.