DISCUSS Okinawa Outlet Mall ASHIBINAA

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
ASHIBINAA is following suit with other outdoor places like Kokusai Street making it enjoyable for all as it's now a smoke free zone outdoors!

No smoking at Okinawa Outlet Mall ASHIBINAA

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
Is that where it is like an open air mall with a roof covering?
Yeah, it's an open aerated place with I believe roofing extending out from the storefronts only, which leaves it nearly completely open. If I recall correctly, there were designated smoking rooms when they first opened, which were nice as they were air-conditioned, even though some still liked to smoke outdoors.

Though, as you were essentially outside, one could've smoked on that bench before. A lot of places are cracking down on smoking here with McDonald's being the first that I could recall in about 2007-2009.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
I wonder how business is doing these days in this mall?
For sure not at its tourist peaks there, but all businesses appeared to be open. I went to get some clothes from GAP there a while ago and was looking in Billabong and other surf & swim stores for a full SPF "hoodie" to wear on photo shoots and to the beach.

Found an SPF 50 Billabong one that I liked for $70 and a SPF 30 Volcom one for $60. The sun is much stronger so I'll probably go with the Billabong one.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
For sure not at its tourist peaks there, but all businesses appeared to be open. I went to get some clothes from GAP there a while ago and was looking in Billabong and other surf & swim stores for a full SPF "hoodie" to wear on photo shoots and to the beach.

Found an SPF 50 Billabong one that I liked for $70 and a SPF 30 Volcom one for $60. The sun is much stronger so I'll probably go with the Billabong one.

As we get older it is important to cover our self up some. I thought GAP went out of business?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
As we get older it is important to cover our self up some. I thought GAP went out of business?
No, that was Old Navy, a subsidiary of GAP.

Earlier this year in the US they were planning to do a spin-off of Old Navy and revive it, but the plans fell through. I hope that at one point, they can find it financially incentivizing to bring Old Navy back, both in the US and Japan, as it was a great budget brand with good quality and designs for t-shirts under $5.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erminiosouth