Scenic Spot Okinawa City Hall Lookout Tower

Rob Oechsle

FOR ALL THOSE WHO LIKE A BIRDS-EYE VIEW, but DON'T WANT TO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN TO GET ONE !!!

Just a short hop past GOYA 4 CORNERS and KOZA MUSIC TOWN is one of the best ALL-WEATHER LOOKOUT TOWERS in Okinawa.

Built on a part of old CAMP KOZA, the Okinawa City Hall and its signature LOOKOUT TOWER is a great spot to grasp both the urban congestion that's slowly taking over Central Okinawa, as well as appreciating the still untouched mountains, off-shore islands, and rural areas. It's also a great spot for lazy bums (like me) to check out all kinds of stuff and get a real feel for the local area in the greater scheme of things. So, GRAB YOUR BINOCULARS, and LET'S LOOK AROUND!

My pics are only a fuzzy indicator of what you can see clearly with your eyes, and sharply with pair of good-quality binoculars, I took the pics both under sunny skies at NOON and in the yellowing light of APPROACHING SUNSET.

HOW FAR CAN YOU SEE? In good weather, islands over 60 km / 40 miles away can be seen, and if you are really lucky, it might be possible to see the peaks of KUME ISLAND about 100 km / 60 miles away.

Again, don't forget, most of my photos here are taken to show what it's like looking through BINOCULARS!

GETTING IN

Access to the Lookout Tower is FREE. Open Monday-thru-Friday (closing at 5:15 pm), just ask for admittance at the front lobby information desk, and someone will unlock the unmarked door, from where you will climb up 80-some steps to the top. Cheers!

Address
Okinawa City Hall, 26-1 Nakasonecho, Okinawa, Japan
Coordinates
Map

Attachments

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Proltd