chris

Well, we in Okinawa City just got our stimulus notices this week. I received mine yesterday and made the rounds getting the required photocopies today, then filled out the paperwork and dropped it off at the post office a few hours ago. I believe the notice said the money will be deposited approximately two weeks after receipt at the city office. How long ago did you send yours in?
Hey DSC i sent my paperwork almost 2 weeks ago havent heard anything and yes its suppose to be directly deposited into your account.

Reactions: DSC

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I think the reason why testing is low is the okinawa people they are afraid to get tested as like they are afraid of change.
I think it has to do with Japan as a whole just under testing. There are 0.04 tests per 1000 in Japan while there are 0.67 tests per 1000 in the US. Japan is on par, testing wise, with the Philippines. The extra testing, beyond just contact tracing and those that met the criteria (which wasn't the real criteria—I must add is hearsay from a Reddit user [can't source it]), would cripple the almost crippled medical system.

NHK reports that Japan was doing about 7800 tests per day while the US was up to 150,000 and somewhat backs up my theory of carpet being pulled from beneath Japan's feet had they did ramp up testing.
How long ago did you send yours in?
We didn't even get the forms here in Naha; I think we'll get ours after the 27th followed by a payment shortly thereafter. It's odd that they sent them out to the least populated areas first as more people were affected by COVID-19 live in Naha. I think it was quite possibly to slow infections as people might've rushed city office to get a My Number...

chris

I think it has to do with Japan as a whole just under testing. There are 0.04 tests per 1000 in Japan while there are 0.67 tests per 1000 in the US. Japan is on par, testing wise, with the Philippines. The extra testing, beyond just contact tracing and those that met the criteria (which wasn't the real criteria—I must add is hearsay from a Reddit user [can't source it]), would cripple the almost crippled medical system.

NHK reports that Japan was doing about 7800 tests per day while the US was up to 150,000 and somewhat backs up my theory of carpet being pulled from beneath Japan's feet had they did ramp up testing.
What is the point to testing? I mean really what is the point to testing the whole world for Corona? The whole world was never tested for:
Influenza, SARS, Swine Flu, Measles, Chicken Pox, etc.
The whole world was never shutdown or people locked up on stay at home for any of these viruses.
SARS was only virus that got a single emergency nationwide which was America only and that was by Obama. And that never resulted to a economy shutdown and stay at home enforced orders and SARS is worse than Corona.
98% of all Corona virus cases throughout the world are mild cases. The other 2% is critical. This does not constitute an economy shutdown and lockup of people.
Besides what is the world going to do with all the DNA that has been collected by the tests?
Plus the Corona virus there is nothing new about it, as it has been around since the 1960's and since then there haven't been any cures so really whats the point to it all?
And the hospital thing omg don't get me started on it because the hospitals are a joke screaming bloody murder and the entire world medical system is collapsing around us and we are all screwed.
Who says the medical system is failing? and wheres the proof? From the media? not reliable enough no proof. Governments? they never tell citizens anything all information is usually a lie or classified. Pictures and some videos say these are corona virus patients but i only see 1 patient in a bed or there pushing someone in a hospital but how do i know its a corona virus patient? for all i know it could be a cancer patient. Threw this whole pandemic i have yet to see pictures or videos of hospital staff going crazy, running around treating COVID patients, all hospitals around the world full to capacity with people dying to get into the hospitals and massive amounts of Ambulance traffic which their would be thousands of Rescue vehicles driving everywhere and lined up outside every hospital with patients hanging outside the doors and windows they way the experts, media, and government officials are telling us. Thats the biggest lie going yet.
I'm sorry Dave i just cannot believe the medical thing at all.

island cyclist

Its a social experiment for things to come. The real contagion is for real, we just don't know when. So this is all a trial period. China led the trial following Europe, back to Asia, then Greenland, then going south all the way to the south pole. Hop scotching around all major islands.
The real contagion, well...

There will be govt. (big money) invested in a virus vaccine, but nothing will come out of it. Best bet will be a drug to kill the virus, but its in the working. Chances are it will come out of a medical university working with worldwide chemical companies. A company one should search is Ube Kosan in Ube , Yamaguchi. They are making one compound that goes into one of the drugs currently being used.

chris

Its a social experiment for things to come. The real contagion is for real, we just don't know when. So this is all a trial period. China led the trial following Europe, back to Asia, then Greenland, then going south all the way to the south pole. Hop scotching around all major islands.
The real contagion, well...

There will be govt. (big money) invested in a virus vaccine, but nothing will come out of it. Best bet will be a drug to kill the virus, but its in the working. Chances are it will come out of a medical university working with worldwide chemical companies. A company one should search is Ube Kosan in Ube , Yamaguchi. They are making one compound that goes into one of the drugs currently being used.
Again none of this was done for previous viruses and the contagion AKA corona may be real as a part of Inlfluenza but it isnt a worldwide instant deadly killer virus like we are all lead to believe thats a bunch of bs. There is no such thing as a social experiment and it most certainly doesnt warrant a pandemic. There will never be a cure for covid but a vaccine like the flu shot if not similar which it will be with a slight variant to it but thats all it will amount to and as far as companies making money from this virus yes i believe that but it still doesnt constitute a pandemic, economy shutdown, lockdowns, and world wide panic. It just doesnt warrant it.

DSC

I think that's because Japanese, unlike us foreign folks, don't have to legally carry a photo ID, so they use their drivers license, My Number card, etc. for anything that requires a photo. I don't have a My Number card (just get the printed form when I need the number) or a drivers license any more because of health reasons, so I photocopied my residence card and sent it in along with the bank info. I think the gist is they want a copy of a picture ID of some sort. The residence card has always worked for anything I need a photo ID for. The forms said bank info plus a copy of drivers license or My Number card, etc., so basically bank info and some form of photo ID.

island cyclist

Is the interest in Covid-19 dying down a bit. 2 months ago I 'd 5 to 10 pages overnight on discussions on the corona virus. Now 2 days would go by and still on one page.
As much as this virus is leaving the print, I hope it leaves the environment also. Maybe Trump was right, it will just disappear.
Anyone here have news on Africa and how it is doing?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
The block taped off and police with CSI everywhere after a failed robbery, leaving 1 dead and 1 injured; my neighborhood is now a crime scene. I can't help but wonder if the stimulus payments went out at the same time instead of sequentially, with Naha being the last of recipients, would this have ever happened?

那覇の喫茶店で切りつけ、搬送の女性死亡 男性けが 犯人逃走

You read about crime as well as other bad things such as domestic abuse, drug/alcohol use and suicides on the rise in the States, most likely because of coronavirus and stay at home orders, so I can't help but think that a peaceful island such as Okinawa—since so close to home seeing this place from my balcony—has turned violent over money.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I wonder why they had to rob the exchange place. There's no way they could have gotten away with it with cops at every corner.
That will remain a mystery to me as they were Americans, unimpacted by the closures, and received $1200 stimulus checks from the US, with a job that pays quite well... Just dumb criminals, who I must add drove and fled from the scene in a Y-plate, believing they could somehow get away with it. I highly doubt the motive behind the robbery of the currency exchange place was coronavirus related.

This robbery was in southern Naha and had to be a Japanese male. Our stimulus paperwork here hasn't even been sent out yet while smaller towns have already issued payments. It's just a suspicion of mine that COVID-19 joblessness led to the need of money this bad.

In any instance, the block is still taped off here, crawling with cops and CSI, and will probably be until tomorrow at the soonest as there was a death involved.

island cyclist

I didn't hear about the death.

Today you should have gotten your paper work for the 100000 yen. They (govt.) usually sends stuff out on a Monday .
We got ours today. Filled it out and put it in the mail box. Wife says it should be deposited on the 15th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
r9i4r5i5