Introduction Meet me!

Brianadwyer96

Hi all I go by Bri and am a marine spouse stationed here in Okinawa till September 2022!
I am a photographer and have my company Briana Dwyer Photography!
I have one son born on the Fourth of July 2019 named Jameson and some of my hobbies are traveling the island to try new foods and cafes, I’m a huge coffee snob... and finding Okinawa-Shi hidden treasures! I look forward to meeting and working with you all!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Hey Bri! Welcome to Okinawa.Org, founded by myself and my wife, @Snow in December 2018.

I see that you're an Okinawa photographer. Is it just for business or do you also take shots as a hobby? I'm into photography myself and have quite a large camera bag, but I find it more as a hobby to preserve the history of Okinawa—what's taken today may not be there tomorrow, but by saving it as 30-megapixel+ photos stored on this site will keep it alive forever as other platforms compress and downsize so you can't even get a 5"x7" print; WWII photos are fading from print after print and film degradation and I don't want now to fall into that same category 20-40 years later. (It's still up in the air whether we want to store RAW photos, if photographers want to upload those, alongside published finished works for future photographers to edit in their own style).

We'd love to see some more of your work, or even tips you could provide, posted in the Okinawa Photographers forum here. You can upload a picture and insert it into a thread as well as type in the EXIF data such as aperture, shutter, ISO, etc. as seen in this thread. If it's something you're iffy on, you could even ask for critiques on it (or to just share it). The forum also allows for creating a "camera bag" thread which would be what equipment you're working with and why updated as you add to it (it gets addicting when you need a new lens 😆).

Or, if you're confident in your post-processing, we'd love to have it added to our Okinawa media gallery, for as long as it's anything of Okinawa! :)

I think all photographers of any level could always ask for a critique here and there: Everyone can always learn something new from someone else. I haven't used the forum as often but will start with my smaller works and hope to get some honest feedback.

The forum also allows you to create a thread with what's in your camera bag and to review the products so that we know what we may need to buy and why.

I really must add that I really love your picture of Shuri Castle though. I was amazed to see the EXIF data to find out it was taken with a GoPro 7 Black! 😲 It's a fabulous picture with the wide-angle as the skies are clear as well as the castle's courtyard.

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Hi all I go by Bri and am a marine spouse stationed here in Okinawa till September 2022!
I am a photographer and have my company Briana Dwyer Photography!
I have one son born on the Fourth of July 2019 named Jameson and some of my hobbies are traveling the island to try new foods and cafes, I’m a huge coffee snob... and finding Okinawa-Shi hidden treasures! I look forward to meeting and working with you all!
Welcome to Okinawa! I hope you will enjoy everything the island has to offer!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Ellie