Opinion McDonald's McFlurry — Black Thunder

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I've been enjoying the Black Thunder candy here for over a decade now. For those that haven't tried it, it's like a Twix bar but so much better—and a lot cheaper too! In fact, if it's not already at the counters in most convenience stores, you can find it within the discount candy for about ¥30.

Adding ice cream makes this so much better. ?

If you haven't had Black Thunder, pick one up and get hooked on it too. Enjoy the new McFlurry while you're at it because I'm unsure if it'll be a permanent menu item.

McDonald's Black Thunder McFlurry

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

chris

Founding Member
I've been enjoying the Black Thunder candy here for over a decade now. For those that haven't tried it, it's like a Twix bar but so much better—and a lot cheaper too! In fact, if it's not already at the counters in most convenience stores, you can find it within the discount candy for about ¥30.

If you haven't had Black Thunder, pick one up and get hooked on it too. Enjoy the new McFlurry while you're at it because I'm unsure if it'll be a permanent menu item.

This has been around since i was kid and use to be cookies and cream well back then it was mashed up oreo's in vanilla ice cream but yes have to agree AWESOME!

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I had this last night! It’s amazing! Everyone should try this!
Good stuff, aye? I tried to get a picture of the candy to go along with the post but I forgot to run to Family Mart. I'll stick a picture in this thread so others know what to get when they're out and about if McDonald's discontinues it, like they do with all good things (McPork, Shakashaka chicken [I think that's back though], etc.).
This has been around since i was kid and use to be cookies and cream well back then it was mashed up oreo's in vanilla ice cream but yes have to agree AWESOME!
I remember when the Oreo McFlurry hit the market too. It was the best thing ever, but, very expensive for us at the time so we only could get it ever so often.

I don't know what they use as the base, but it's so much better ice cream than what's in their shakes and soft cream. Add Black Thunder to it instead of Oreo's and it's even better though! ?

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member

Finally had a chance to stop by today, it's awesome and a nice cool down in the middle of the day

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Swindled for 33 yen at Family Mart's register for a Black Thunder again. ?

Black Thunder bite size candy bar sold in Japan

While the candy bar and bite sized bits are essentially the same, I prefer the bits—even though more expensive by like ¥50—because they seem to last longer. Nonetheless, saw this beauty at the register and I had to grab it. ?

Now you know what to look for to get your Black Thunder fix if McDonald's (likely) discontinues the McFlurry flavor.

chris

Founding Member
Swindled for 33 yen at Family Mart's register for a Black Thunder again. ?

While the candy bar and bite sized bits are essentially the same, I prefer the bits—even though more expensive by like ¥50—because they seem to last longer. Nonetheless, saw this beauty at the register and I had to grab it. ?

Now you know what to look for to get your Black Thunder fix if McDonald's (likely) discontinues the McFlurry flavor.
33 yen?:eek: thats terrible lol

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aldjal