Opinion Masks and Vaccine Discussion to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
We are battling for our lives until a vaccine is available.
I personally think that I will refrain from taking the vaccine in hopes that it works and the virus is essentially eradicated without the need to. There are just so many unknowns, for me, in a rushed vaccine with small clinical trials. Unlike vaccines that have been around for decades, we won't know the long-term impact of a COVID-19 vaccine on the body (or even future body's).

Having mentioned that, the more that choose to vaccinate will lessen my odds of contracting COVID-19 anyway.

Just a personal choice of mine as my sister had DTaP as a baby and almost died in the ambulance to the critical care unit ICU, hours away. My mom then chose not to give it to me. However, I did get whooping cough at about 6 years old.

I would advocate everyone to look into the trials and how many tests were conducted along with side effects compared to the placebos prior to injecting yourself with a vaccine

I'm not anti-vax as my children are vaccinated—I'm "18-month rush to the market for as much as a corporation can profit off of small sample sizes" anti-vax and will wait for hundreds of thousands of administrations.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Cycle Guy

Critical thinking objective:

Getting the minority of people that refuse to use the facial mask, to use a facial mask is very important.

Maybe we should follow some global government methods. Some governments sent out the police, government officials and etc. into the public to warn people that are not wearing masks to wear masks. As well, the police and government officials walked the streets to make sure that any people gathering together were warned of the COVID-19 regulations to wear mask and not to congregate in public.

If we can get the minority of people that refuse to wear masks to wear masks, we can further contain the COVID-19 virus.

But it does not only go with wearing facial masks but also using 70% alcohol to sanitize your hands. When you get home then de-sanitize yourself by washing your hands, face and washing the clothes that you used while in public area.

Thank you,
Patrick

Cycle Guy

Right now we should all work altogether to battle this invisible enemy. Okinawans, Americans and etc. It is not time to go negative but to go positive. Let's put everything aside and battle the invisible COVID-19 together. Let's get the minority of people not wearing masks wearing masks, get people to use 70% alcohol on their hands, have people de-sanitize when they get home, and etc.

Let's put the negatives aside now, let's battle the invisible enemy COVID-19 together. That is the only way we can all win this battle against COVID-19.

Thank you,
Patrick

cici

Founding Member
Right now we should all work altogether to battle this invisible enemy. Okinawans, Americans and etc. It is not time to go negative but to go positive. Let's put everything aside and battle the invisible COVID-19 together. Let's get the minority of people not wearing masks wearing masks, get people to use 70% alcohol on their hands, have people de-sanitize when they get home, and etc.

Let's put the negatives aside now, let's battle the invisible enemy COVID-19 together. That is the only way we can all win this battle against COVID-19.

Thank you,
Patrick
You must read and comment a lot in the American media network. Also it appears you are all for mask mandates that have caused racial tension's, hatred, high emotions, and fighting among the American people for who wear's a mask and who does not. Seem's by you mentioning so much about mask's on this page you are trying to take away freedom from a person or person's to have a choice to wear a mask. It's highly obvious that you are trying to accomplish the same hatred here in Okinawa with mask's that is currently in progress in America. See like you and others in America cannot grasp the fact that not everyone can wear a mask. Take those with disabilities such as, handicap or mentally challenged people, and those who are hard of hearing or deaf individuals who need to read lips and facial expressions to understand what is taking place in their world. Mask wearing is not for you alone to push for a mandate or law change just to satisfy your conscious of being safe. Japan has no mandate present to accomplish what you think is for the good of many but you are trying push a change in lives that will result in hate just like America has. This type of behavior from a foreigner is considered bad face in Japan.
You have repeated yourself multiple times on this page about mask's and how you are presenting yourself as a concerned citizen because you care for others and that's just not true. No one can be Captain America in Japan. Furthermore throughout history and by analysis the average human today does not care about others but in truth they only care about one and that one has always been the simple words ME or I.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I don't necessarily think all that, @cici. People in Japan generally wear masks when they think they may even have a common cold to be nice and to prevent others from getting sick too. It's a whole different culture here than in America when it comes to wearing masks.

As far as it goes in America, masks can be mandated and it is causing a divide. Whether that's racial or not is up in the air. Politically? For sure. There are races on both sides of the aisle, strictly speaking, the two-party system. So how can race possibly be brought into it?

I know that African-Americans are sometimes not called 'black' because they support Trump, which just boggles my mind as if 'race' is being redefined altogether. However, that's another topic if you'd like to get into politics. We could surely create a political sub-forum for everything Japan, America, and even Worldwide if you'd like discussions on that matter. As it's a forum and critical thinking is required, you ought to be packing sources (cite how you'd like) or you will be torn apart in a debate. :)

cici

Founding Member
As far as it goes in America, masks can be mandated and it is causing a divide. Whether that's racial or not is up in the air. Politically? For sure. There are races on both sides of the aisle, strictly speaking, the two-party system. So how can race possibly be brought into it?
OH! I finally figured out how this works with the reply.
As to America's problem's with mask's it is considered a form of racism in a sense if you look at it black and white then mask to no mask. Yes we all know full well the term racism for the historical values of the dominant white power and hatred towards the black public at that period of time and still functioning today I might add. About 2 days there was an incident in New Jersey where on video of course ( what's never on video these days ) A black women in a stationary store called (Staples) not sure if you know the store but anyway this black women confronted an elderly white woman who 4 months ago just had a liver transplant ( Not really sure if that's true ) and this elderly woman was not wearing a mask in the store that does not require that you wear a mask.
This black woman confronted the white woman yelling at her to put a mask on but the black woman had taken off her mask to yell her point right in the face of this elderly woman. ( No social distance ) Turns out the white woman would not listen to the badgering and the black woman picked her up and threw her and the elderly woman when she fell broke her leg.
Now you can imagine how this turned out because it is now a racial thing again white to black, black to white, face mask to no mask in the same manner as a racial disturbance would start. I have been following the mandates and requirements for quite some time now, as a matter of fact it has become a pet project to speak and the likes of those who wear a mask and don't, and the arguments between those has been people of different ethnics confronting about mask's being worn or not. I have notice a huge trend that most fights and arguments, plus deaths, have been black towards white, Latino towards American's, and less arguments with same color races.
Japanese people on the other hand do wear mask's all the time like you said and I agree but the Japanese people are easily persuaded into things that just don't make sense as to why Japanese people would do such a thing such as ( BLM Black Lives Matter ) protesting that took place here and it just doesn't make sense because there is no black community in Japan for these people to protest but the Japanese people saw what was happening around the world and I guess someone said hey we need to this as well ( protest ) without the Japanese people knowing full well what they are protesting for so these people just jumped on the Protest Bus with the rest of the world.
I am afraid someone in Japan will try and make the same thing happen with mask's and persuade the people to start getting upset with those who don't wear a mask. Japanese people are easy followers to a notion that's implanted the right way will make the Japanese people think entirely that this is the best course of action. It's been this way for generations and a prime example of it is Okinawa with the Marine Corps base.

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
OH! I finally figured out how this works with the reply.
You can also reply to just a certain sentence or block of text as seen in our tagging, replying, and multi-quoting help guide. This helps the flow of discussion go a lot smoother than replying to an entire post.

Although it appears that you've figured out how to quote a specific block, we are leaving this here for future reference. :)

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Japanese people on the other hand do wear mask's all the time like you said and I agree but the Japanese people are easily persuaded into things that just don't make sense
I believe it's a cultural thing. Japanese listen and obey authority as opposed to just law, as stated, under Japan's constitution (articles 10-40), it is unconstitutional to force someone to wear a mask or restrict travel. That said, stores can impose rules of mask-wearing, and some have. NITORI, for example, requires a mask, while Make Man does not.

This is also why people 50+ still refer to doctors as "sensei" and why people 50+ still call their boss by the -san suffix, and vice-versa due to age out of respect.
( BLM Black Lives Matter ) protesting that took place here and it just doesn't make sense because there is no black community in Japan for these people to protest but the Japanese people saw what was happening around the world and I guess someone said hey we need to this as well ( protest ) without the Japanese people knowing full well what they are protesting for so these people just jumped on the Protest Bus with the rest of the world.
Sadly, I think the BLM protests around the world, especially in Japan, are paid and the followers are misinformed about the true message of BLM now.

I don't think they follow up with their demands (or specific chapters of BLM) and are basing their protests merely on police brutality, when, they want businesses to hire 23% blacks or to pay 1.5% in profits to black-led community organizations (extortion).

Don't quote me on the exact figures, but you can watch Tim Pool (a central-liberal) break it down in this video.
I am afraid someone in Japan will try and make the same thing happen with mask's and persuade the people to start getting upset with those who don't wear a mask.
Japanese are a people that follow and obey for the most part. The freedoms granted to Japan after WWII are about the same as those given to the Americans if you compare constitutional rights. However, people will still comply with authority, even after the end of Imperial rule.
Japanese people are easy followers to a notion that's implanted the right way will make the Japanese people think entirely that this is the best course of action.
I don't think they're "easy" followers. It's a very nationalistic country with (law and) order that keeps Japanese humble.
It's been this way for generations and a prime example of it is Okinawa with the Marine Corps base.
In my humble opinion, and from the rumor mill, these are now paid protesters from Mainland. Let's just say for the moment it's true. They want base gone, so they will pay a minuscule amount to get base gone through paid protestors that make the news, invoking more outrage.

That land is worth billions of dollars that can be used for resorts, etc., and why Mainlander's want it gone: so they can invest and earn.

It has nothing to do with the people of Okinawa, but a money machine waiting to spring.

cici

Founding Member
Sadly, I think the BLM protests around the world, especially in Japan, are paid and the followers are misinformed about the true message of BLM now.
I am inclined to agree with you and it is a sad thing because the reputation of Japan like China, Korea and others who actually have to pay their citizens to pretend on a focused matter of importance is harmful as the world knows that these countries fix protest and other matters with money totally puts them on the bottom of the credibility list as unreliable.

cici

Founding Member
The worst part is that Korea (or citizens/entities thereof) donated $1,000,000 to the cause.
This is however a true statement for your readers and proves the word "DICTATORSHIP"
I will be back soon with an interesting investigation to this new thread of Mask and Vaccine as I am coming across quite a lot of information about the vaccine and evaluation of Japan's virus handling which I can tell you now that Japan has the worst grade and is considered the worst country for dealing with this virus. Japan is actually the farthest country behind in handling the virus situation which I was strongly under the impression that the worst country would have been the United States but Economists say that when the virus has been dealt with and countries can reopen without fears, and have their people return to the work force, and Japan would be about 4 years behind all countries to rebuild it's economy to acceptable status and join the rest of the world.
So because of Japan's poor handling with Covid it will take 4 years for Japan to catch up with the rest of the world after a vaccine has been readily available as the world moves on. Incredible bad news from world's Economist.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
So because of Japan's poor handling with Covid it will take 4 years for Japan to catch up with the rest of the world after a vaccine has been readily available as the world moves on. Incredible bad news from world's Economist.
Japan is so far behind in medical treatment—10 to 20 years from the US in some instances—so it wouldn't surprise me.

Even though the US runs stuff through the NIH and FDA, Japan has to do their own studies in the respective like agencies.

I can confirm this because I am on testosterone replacement therapy and they are treating it like the US did in the 80s. Further, they didn't pull a highly liver toxic oral delivery (pill) of testosterone until around 2017, about a decade or so after the US did because it can, and does, cause liver damage at a greater rate than heavy alcoholics over the same duration.

cici

Founding Member
Japan is so far behind in medical treatment—10 to 20 years from the US in some instances—so it wouldn't surprise me.
This is so very funny as i'm sure you have heard from many article here and there on many websites and other countries say Japan is ahead of them and in the United States I have read articles where they say Japan is on the cutting edge of medical technology.

Reny95

Founding Member
What do you think of Russia being the first to develop a COVID-19 vaccine? Something seems a little off about this to me... even though he states that he gave it to his own daughter.

Putin: Russia's Covid-19 vaccine approved for use
Time will tell if there is any truth to their “vaccine”. I think it’ll be hard to believe anything that they say though. I can’t imagine that any other country would be willing to utilize their vaccine that has cut corners to be made and produced.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Time will tell if there is any truth to their “vaccine”. I think it’ll be hard to believe anything that they say though. I can’t imagine that any other country would be willing to utilize their vaccine that has cut corners to be made and produced.
I know I'm definitely not in that line. However, I will be disappointed in the US if Russia did create a working vaccination first as we beat them to the moon!

The US is a world leader in the field of medicine so we should've been first, but, safety does count.

Reny95

Founding Member
I know I'm definitely not in that line. However, I will be disappointed in the US if Russia did create a working vaccination first as we beat them to the moon!

The US is a world leader in the field of medicine so we should've been first, but, safety does count.
I mean if they did create a vaccine and it works, good on them. At this point the world should’ve came together to work on a vaccine and beat this thing, but that would make to much sense. I have a feeling America will have a vaccine developed by the end of the year. The question is, what will the cost be for said vaccine.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I mean if they did create a vaccine and it works, good on them. At this point the world should’ve came together to work on a vaccine and beat this thing, but that would make to much sense. I have a feeling America will have a vaccine developed by the end of the year. The question is, what will the cost be for said vaccine.
I honestly think, for the better of the American people, that the vaccine will be subsidized (yay for whoever develops it) and be provided to everyone for free. I come to this conclusion as the government has already spent trillions and on the track to spend trillions more in the fight against COVID-19. What're another couple billion dollars? That's chump change in the greater picture.

We'll make up for some of that by exporting it in mass quantities to other countries at nominal costs, keeping a lot geo/economical allies as we are aiding them whilst not going bankrupt ourselves and paying the debt down that we incurred to research, develop, and distribute it.

Reny95

Founding Member
I honestly think, for the better of the American people, that the vaccine will be subsidized (yay for whoever develops it) and be provided to everyone for free. I come to this conclusion as the government has already spent trillions and on the track to spend trillions more in the fight against COVID-19. What're another couple billion dollars? That's chump change in the greater picture.

We'll make up for some of that by exporting it in mass quantities to other countries at nominal costs, keeping a lot geo/economical allies as we are aiding them whilst not going bankrupt ourselves and paying the debt down that we incurred to research, develop, and distribute it.
What worries me is who develops it. I’m sure you’ve heard of the stories about the people that have bought the rights to insulin and upped the prices to ridiculous numbers. I just hope it’s not the same situation. Let’s hope for the same dispersal as the seasonal flu shot.

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I’m sure you’ve heard of the stories about the people that have bought the rights to insulin and upped the prices to ridiculous numbers.
Oh, certainly, and that is just ridiculous for a life-saving drug like that.

I'm sure if the government subsidizes a COVID-19 vaccine in any way, there will (or should) be stipulations on price caps so that the vaccine can be paid for in full as R&D doesn't come cheap; I'm sure some companies are hundreds of millions in, if not already billions, as they see the light (or dollar signs) at the end of the tunnel.

While I'm somewhat against price caps as a capitalist, I think they are necessary for life-saving treatments such as a cure, treatment, or vaccine against COVID-19 (especially more so for diabetes as you mentioned as insulin has already well paid for itself over and over).

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wstephens90