Japan Kanagawa Prefecture pulls out of Go To travel campaign

Politics involving Okinawa and/or Japan as a whole

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I can't find a link to the source as I saw it on the news (I will link it as soon as it's sourced in English), but it appears that one prefecture in Japan has pulled out of the Go To travel campaign due to the coronavirus.

Seems to me that Go To may be causing more harm than the good it was intended on doing.

As such, this is a very political move. Is it the right one and should other prefectures go against the national level and do the same?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Is there any talk about the withdraw from Go To where you are, @island cyclist?
None yet. It is fairly countryside for the most part. Shimonseki and Ube and Hagi and Tsunoshima are the tourist points. I think so far in Yamaguchi Pref. we've had less then 100 cases of the virus. But then again, I would times that by at least 10. People here generally stay away from the doctors. Travel to one can be a long distance. But recently we are seeing numbers increasing. Deaths, not sure as of writing this. Need to check into it I think.

Hope all went well for you at you stay the medical compound.

island cyclist

Founding Member
I can't find a link to the source as I saw it on the news (I will link it as soon as it's sourced in English), but it appears that one prefecture in Japan has pulled out of the Go To travel campaign due to the coronavirus.

Seems to me that Go To may be causing more harm than the good it was intended on doing.

As such, this is a very political move. Is it the right one and should other prefectures go against the national level and do the same?

Since the tourist business is dead and the restaurants are hurting in most locations, it is still a good idea to keep " Go To " going. Can't stay in a cave forever. Besides this is a novel virus.

A novel virus is a virus that has not previously been recorded. It can be a virus that is isolated from its natural reservoir or isolated as the result of spread to an animal or human host where the virus had not been identified before. It can be an emergent virus, one that represents a new virus, but it can also be an extant virus that has not been previously identified.

So we close down the world... Has anyone asked why , yet?

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
So we close down the world... Has anyone asked why , yet?
The conspiracy theories have it as a "great reset". If you want to delve into that, you'll have to Google more into it or watch some alternative news on it. It's probably the best-constructed conspiracy theory that I've seen, though, we have been cooped up for days and if we were inside hiding from Big Foot, I'm sure I'd be fearful of that too. :p

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnD