DISCUSS Kadena Immigration Branch Office

Mr. James

Founding Member
Guest Blogger
never use it, they send everything to Naha so just go straight to the source
what is the wait time like at the Naha office? at Kadena there was no waiting the three times I went.
Plus, the Kadena office is a short 10 minute drive from my house.
I guess I'll keep using the Kadena office...

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
never use it, they send everything to Naha so just go straight to the source
Agreed as it's just a satellite branch. However, if you live in the area, and the speed in which traffic flows here vs. the time it takes to process an application and the mail, it's probably worthwhile to go here over 45 minutes out of your way to Naha and back (God forbid you get stuck in work hour traffic on your way back).
what is the wait time like at the Naha office?
Next to nothing. I think I sat around for maybe 5 minutes each time.

I only used Kadena as I was in the area while on the phone with someone that was telling me about the new immigration procedures. Since I was so close, I wanted to check if I was eligible for permanent residency as he was telling me I was. It was a 30-second in-and-out for them to run my ID card number and give me an affirmative. However, I could've gotten a ticket as I did illegally park because I couldn't find the parking lot (not really though as I was in a kanji plate... Y-plate and definitely ticketed).

Knowing that I was eligible for permanent residency from my previous Kadena visit, I used Naha District Immigration Office, as it only makes sense as I live in Naha. I applied for a marriage visa as mine was expiring and needed a legal residency while my permanent resident application concurrently processed. Permanent residency only took about 5 weeks longer and doubled my fee as I paid for marriage and weeks later for permanent...

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
what is the wait time like at the Naha office? at Kadena there was no waiting the three times I went.
Plus, the Kadena office is a short 10 minute drive from my house.
I guess I'll keep using the Kadena office...
never had waiting times, and I had paperwork stamped on spot, it was always worth going down there for me

Mr. James

Founding Member
Guest Blogger
The good news is that there are two viable options in Okinawa for immigration issues. Neither place is a black hole like the immigration centers in the states.

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
The good news is that there are two viable options in Okinawa for immigration issues. Neither place is a black hole like the immigration centers in the states.
Let me give an example (14 years ago), I think it was my 3rd spouse visa we were renewing, and one of the POS's in there actually told my wife she needed to get pregnant so I could apply for permanent residence. (we do have kids) We then went to NAHA and explained this to them, 2 weeks later I was a permanent resident. It's not about the wait times, it's about personal discrimination involving the front line workers and slowing down paperwork.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackjackMidnite