Job situation for part-time ers

island cyclist

Founding Member
I'm interested in finding out what the job situation is for part-timers.

There's a possibility that I'll be moving to Okinawa and I'll be looking for a part-time job.

My background here in mainland Japan is in the English conversation business so I prefer to stick with that.

Although I wouldn't mind working in a fish processing plant or even vegetable processing plant part-time.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I seem to have missed this post... I've been on the lookout for jobs to pass along to other people, but they're typically full-time jobs that offer SOFA status.

As I recall, you have a proper visa to work here in Japan.

It shouldn't be too difficult to land a teaching job as that would probably be the easiest to get and be part-time, especially after the pandemic with a lot closing shop.

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
I seem to have missed this post... I've been on the lookout for jobs to pass along to other people, but they're typically full-time jobs that offer SOFA status.

As I recall, you have a proper visa to work here in Japan.

It shouldn't be too difficult to land a teaching job as that would probably be the easiest to get and be part-time, especially after the pandemic with a lot closing shop.
There are several reasons why I would want to relocate which is personal but it's very possible that in the future we just don't know what will take place.
I don't like the cold weather.
And the wife I don't think she would really take it too serious whether I would relocate to Okinawa and travel back and forth to mainland Japan has necessary.
As a matter of fact I think she would be quite happy about it.
And currently it doesn't cost that much to fly from naha to Fukuoka.
But I will definitely know by June of next year but my plans are.