David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
JEF is a local burger shop that reminds me of growing up in a small town where burgers and cheeseburgers were anywhere from $0.50 to $0.89 in 2005!

JEF Okinawa burger shop

The shop where I grew up was cheaper, and better than McDonald's when they came in trying to pull a market share too.

They are tentatively closed until May 6th, but that may extend that if coronavirus continues to spread in Okinawa.

This is devastating news to me, because I live right next to one, as well as a McDonald's, and would choose real JEF burgers and shakes over McDonald's any day! (They also have goya burgers for those looking to add a little health to an "unhealthy" meal)

When they reopen, if you haven't had a JEF burger and grew up in a small town like me with cheap burgers, or even had a street corner joint in the city, that still are delicious as you grew up with that taste, give them a try! :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
We are going to see many mom and pop restaurants being closed.
Here is a picture I took a few hours ago. Sign of the times to come.

sushi house.jpg

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
Also we just closed all Pachinko parlors. Those poor old retired men, what are they going to do now with their nenkin?

2 pachinko.jpg

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sempai_Reg