Japanese schools need to close like on base

dominicm

Impact
I am sad that some Japanese high schools are closed but the jr high schools are open still. Our children will not be going to Japanese schools until the covid crisis is gone from Okinawa.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
They are closed at the moment, but not because of coronavirus. As far as I know at the moment, our kids are home on spring break and return to school early next week, unless they do make the decision to change and follow suit with the US.

I wouldn't blame you as a parent for not wanting them to go back. I'd grab their materials, which you might already have, and teach from home if you feel scared for their health and safety during these frightening times. That way, if it mysteriously just passes overnight a month later and disappears from the face of the earth, you will have them ahead of the rest or caught up.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
At 1700 today, schools announced that they will inform parents whether their school will be closed longer during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each school has the individual right to remain open or to close.

Check up on your kid's school's sites tomorrow to see if they decided to lock up and for how long. :)

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khayden22