Question Is a PCR test required if you go to Okinawa by ferry out Kyushu?

island cyclist

Founding Member
Just wondering if the PCR test is require to visit Okinawa if coming in by ferry.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
That is an interesting question as it is domestic travel, but by means other than air. Sorry that I couldn't answer this as I don't even know where the ferry from here to Mainland Japan docks! :)
I guess I'll have to find out when I get to the port
Let us know what happens as it may be applicable to ferry travel between Okinawa and its remote islands like Miyakojima, Ishigaki, and Kume Island as well as the larger ferries that set sail to Honshu (Mainland Japan).

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
That is an interesting question as it is domestic travel, but by means other than air. Sorry that I couldn't answer this as I don't even know where the ferry from here to Mainland Japan docks! :)

Let us know what happens as it may be applicable to ferry travel between Okinawa and its remote islands like Miyakojima, Ishigaki, and Kume Island as well as the larger ferries that set sail to Honshu (Mainland Japan).
This why I brought up the question because to ferry to Miyakojima, the PCR test is require before boarding, at least that is what I read.