Activities In-Fa the fun killa

This is a discussion about activities in Okinawa.

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
This little tropical storm just refuses to leave, the darn winds are stronger now than 3 days ago when it was right below us :). Need some calm weather, preferably cloudy (the sun is evil) so I can get back on the water, my paddles are rusting :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Seems like you got your way.

Looking out my window this afternoon and it looks great.

Not sure what that means on the ocean though as the sky can say one thing but the currents probably another.

OP
BBZ

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
yes it was windy but a good day on the water 🤙
IMG_20210801_145724.jpg

island cyclist

Founding Member
Ah, that is cool. The wife won't let me bring fish home so if I catch, I release.
So you go camping in Okinawa. Well I know who to talk to now about camping in Okinawa. thanks

OP
BBZ

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
Ah, that is cool. The wife won't let me bring fish home so if I catch, I release.
So you go camping in Okinawa. Well I know who to talk to now about camping in Okinawa. thanks
My wife is usually with me and pissed when I release them, camping here on the island is awesome if you find a good spot away from the campgrounds. It's actually not that hard, we load up the Jimny with the yaks and gear and head out for the weekend, late October through January works the best otherwise it's too damn hot

island cyclist

Founding Member
Thanks for the advise. I just wrote to David about whether I should high tail it over to Okinawa next week. But I understand there are travel restrictions at the moment.

OP
BBZ

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
Thanks for the advise. I just wrote to David about whether I should high tail it over to Okinawa next week. But I understand there are travel restrictions at the moment.
Just my 2 cents but dude it's hot as hell here right now, you're better off waiting until October/November tie frame. This one did not go back, I donated him to my wife's coworkers :) builds good community
IMG_20210813_123540.jpg
relations hahahaha. Diamond Trevally, Japanese Umazuraaji, 71 cm, 14-minute fight to get him in the kayak and a 4 kilometer paddle to get him back to shore or in other words a great way to start the weekend

island cyclist

Founding Member
sashimi on the plate tonight
It is very hot here also, different type of heat this year. Maybe all the airpollution is causing it.

OP
BBZ

BBZ

saltwater addict
Founding Member
sashimi on the plate tonight
It is very hot here also, different type of heat this year. Maybe all the airpollution is causing it.
Probably an indirect effect of an industrious nieghbor who does not seem to GAF about the rest of the world :)

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove66