I was unsure of this, but now I know. Americans leaving Japan wil not be permitted back into Japan

island cyclist

Founding Member
Japan is closed to the outside world. Is it true that only Japanese are now only allowed back into Japan?

International flights are currently available in Japan, but service continues to diminish. Only five percent of pre-COVID capacity between Japan and the United States (including Guam) remains in service. Direct flights between the United States and Japan are currently only available from Tokyo’s Narita and Haneda airports. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make arrangements to do so via commercial air immediately unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate staging repatriation flights in Japan. U.S. citizens who reside abroad should avoid all international travel. As a reminder, non-Japanese citizens who leave Japan, even U.S. citizen legal residents, will not be able to return under current restrictions.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
It looks that way! The article mentioned "unless there are exceptional circumstances" but can't find those circumstances any where on the site. Coronavirus (COVID-19) advisory information | Travel Japan | JNTO
How does this affect tourism and commerce for the Tokyo area?

Well, it was on the news this morning, it seems like business for "real" tourism for this time of year is down by 95% since last year.
Many of the travel agencies have closed their doors down. I don't think they want to continue paying the high rent cost now that in order to travel, one might really have to deal with the airline exclusively , but I don't think the travel agencies will tell you that.
I just checked out the cost for the Shinkansen and there are no discount tickets available. I guess they want you to stay put.

chris

Founding Member
Japan is closed to the outside world. Is it true that only Japanese are now only allowed back into Japan?

International flights are currently available in Japan, but service continues to diminish. Only five percent of pre-COVID capacity between Japan and the United States (including Guam) remains in service. Direct flights between the United States and Japan are currently only available from Tokyo’s Narita and Haneda airports. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make arrangements to do so via commercial air immediately unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate staging repatriation flights in Japan. U.S. citizens who reside abroad should avoid all international travel. As a reminder, non-Japanese citizens who leave Japan, even U.S. citizen legal residents, will not be able to return under current restrictions.
Sorry to debunk you IC but it still appears that international flights are still going strong. Today flights to Narita from:
Mexico city, Hong Kong, Seoul, many from Taipei, Busan, San Francisco, Singapore, Canada all have landed and Narita is having a busy day. So Japan is not closed like Abe says and the Governor of tokyo. More lies from the regime.

chris

Founding Member
But I wonder if the passengers are Japanese nationals only? Something to check into .
that many planes for that many japanese nationals i highly doubt it but there is also no way to check passenger manifests. Unless i can hack the FAA LOL. But Abe keeps talking about how flights are cancelled and japan is closed and even if there japanese nationals there are still new confirmed cases everyday so that means if they are japanese nationals they are transporting the virus as we speak. I fine that a truth

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
that many planes for that many japanese nationals i highly doubt it but there is also no way to check passenger manifests. Unless i can hack the FAA LOL. But Abe keeps talking about how flights are cancelled and japan is closed and even if there japanese nationals there are still new confirmed cases everyday so that means if they are japanese nationals they are transporting the virus as we speak. I fine that a truth
Something else to look into is how Japanese airlines operate over American airlines (not to be confused with AA).

If they stop flying their regular routes, they may lose them. The airlines could be very well flying absolutely nobody but staff, repatriates, and cargo.

chris

Founding Member
Something else to look into is how Japanese airlines operate over American airlines (not to be confused with AA).

If they stop flying their regular routes, they may lose them. The airlines could be very well flying absolutely nobody but staff, repatriates, and cargo.
Well if it was cargo they list the plane as cargo on the arrivals list as far as flying staff who paying for all the fuel to keep flying these routes? But i do believe travel business and light tourism is flying arrival and departures daily as America has allowed international flights and those who want to travel.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Not if they were using the remaining cargo hold for cargo and flying in a bare minimum (some flights could be as little as 10 people). The money-making right there is flying in cargo as the fuel costs would be extremely low.

It's losing their parking spot on the TARMAC of other international airports that would cost them a lot to renegotiate if, say, Germany wanted that spot.

Just a theory here as I've watched a documentary on how airlines work.

chris

Founding Member
FLIGHTS FOR THIS AFTERNOON ARRIVAL NRT!
Untitled6.jpg

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
FLIGHTS FOR THIS AFTERNOON ARRIVAL NRT!
I'd like to see a manifesto, first name basis would be fine, for them though.

I don't think they're flying in at capacity, or anywhere near that for the matter. Airports make their money from airlines parking and if those airlines aren't going to park, they will find another airline willing to pay to park there for the next 1-5 years.

In this example, JAL essentially loses its Frankfurt route. My guess is that it's being made a mail hub and all letters and packages are being rerouted there to take on as some flights are decreasing.

chris

Founding Member

I don't think they're flying in at capacity, or anywhere near that for the matter. Airports make their money from airlines parking and if those airlines aren't going to park, they will find another airline willing to pay to park there for the next 1-5 years.

In this example, JAL essentially loses its Frankfurt route. My guess is that it's being made a mail hub and all letters and packages are being rerouted there to take on as some flights are decreasing.
check your conversation mail i made a flight and i gave images for the flight i hope you got it but people are flying

chris

Founding Member

this America flights 4 days ago theirs a video on how full airplanes are
Images of fuller flights amid COVID-19 pandemic renew calls for federal action

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebeccamoyer