Question How to convert an old 1973 address to the new address?

Glenn

Impact
I have an old address of a co-worker/friend from 1973. The addresses have completely changed since then. Where can I go to convert the old address to the new addresses?

Glenn

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
G

Glenn

Impact
Is it a Japanese address? If so, every city has a list of old addresses, and you can cross reference them to the new one.

住所対照簿(旧新)

This one is for Naha. You can find links for each city on their city office homepage.
Thank you! I didn't know that. It is a Koza City (now Okinawa City) Are they in English? I don't read, write or speak Japanese. I have trouble enough with English. The address that I have is in English. Would you be so kind as to send me the like for Okinawa City? I opened the link and it's all Japanese. I tried the multilingual translation to english but some of it won't convert. Then I looked at the list of topics and didn't see anything that related to address conversions. Also maybe an explanation on how to do the conversion? After I get the conversion I want to go to Google maps and see if the house is still there. Would you be willing to help me with this?

Thank you again,
Glenn

Reylia33

Impact
Thank you! I didn't know that. It is a Koza City (now Okinawa City) Are they in English? I don't read, write or speak Japanese. I have trouble enough with English. The address that I have is in English. Would you be so kind as to send me the like for Okinawa City? I opened the link and it's all Japanese. I tried the multilingual translation to english but some of it won't convert. Then I looked at the list of topics and didn't see anything that related to address conversions. Also maybe an explanation on how to do the conversion? After I get the conversion I want to go to Google maps and see if the house is still there. Would you be willing to help me with this?

Thank you again,
Glenn

Reylia33

Impact
Hi again! They have English translations, but it doesn't cover the old address page. I can look it up for you, no problem. Please send the address to me, and I'll get back as soon as I can.

OP
G

Glenn

Impact
Is it a Japanese address? If so, every city has a list of old addresses, and you can cross reference them to the new one.

住所対照簿(旧新)

This one is for Naha. You can find links for each city on their city office homepage.
I think I found the Okinawa City office homepage. (トップページ) Am I correct? I Scanned all the topics and don't see anything related to converting an address. The Naha link you sent me has the pdf's all in japanese. I haven't been able to convert those yet.

OP
G

Glenn

Impact
Hi again! They have English translations, but it doesn't cover the old address page. I can look it up for you, no problem. Please send the address to me, and I'll get back as soon as I can.
Our messages must have crossed at the same time. Is there a way I can get you the address in private? I don't want to post the address in public view.

Thanks
Glenn

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sempai_Reg