Question How is tourism going in Okinawa?

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
The TV news has showed the international airport open with people arriving.
I saw that the terminal was going to open a while ago, glad to hear it is.

Do you know how international travel to Okinawa would be best? I.e. Fly to Mainland Japan and then to Okinawa or take an international flight to Taiwan (or other country flying into the Int'l airport) and then into Okinawa? Or is it now just convenience and pricing?

Mac

Founding Member
Impact
I saw that the terminal was going to open a while ago, glad to hear it is.

Do you know how international travel to Okinawa would be best? I.e. Fly to Mainland Japan and then to Okinawa or take an international flight to Taiwan (or other country flying into the Int'l airport) and then into Okinawa? Or is it now just convenience and pricing?
Hard to say. Guess you would have to compare prices and find out if other country had any restrictions (along with Japan having restrictions from that country).
I've always went thru mainland and the last time was almost 3 years ago.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
Hard to say. Guess you would have to compare prices and find out if other country had any restrictions (along with Japan having restrictions from that country).
I think for as long as you don't exit the terminal, you're still in limbo, not in any one country. So, I don't think restrictions would apply for as long as you could hop right from one flight to another, which would be difficult if you had more than carry-ons because you'd possibly need to exit for baggage claim, entering Taiwan (or another country). I think I'd definitely need to look into that possibility... Or, we can just hurry up and return to normal! :ROFLMAO:

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
I think Japan is pretty much back to normal. I completed a 42 day cycling tour here from April to May and people were enjoying themselves.

Mac

Founding Member
Impact
You're in Miyako?
Nope, I'm on the main island. Just seen stuff on the TV and newspaper about the ship making port in Miyako.
The whole covid thing for Okinawa started with the Chinese tourists from a cruise ship in Naha a couple years ago - therefore that's how it all started here.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
Nope, I'm on the main island. Just seen stuff on the TV and newspaper about the ship making port in Miyako.
The whole covid thing for Okinawa started with the Chinese tourists from a cruise ship in Naha a couple years ago - therefore that's how it all started here.
Yeah, I remember the case. They tracked it to a taxi driver.

It's wild how they were able to deduce all that so quickly and trace who may be next... but still unable to stop it.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erminiosouth