Awaiting Feedback How can I access Okinawa.Org forums?

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
OK I just found out how to answer my last question...I go up to the top of the page and hit forums. And not the little arrow pointing down. :(

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
Last edited by a moderator:

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Impact
We will have to create a guide on how to access the forum from the main page because of this issue though. Thank you for pointing out that there are potentially more difficulties in navigating around the site.

It can be quite confusing for some as it changes views from a smartphone to a tablet (or PC) as it's designed to support both platforms on a single page.

In addition to forums, we also have Home (aggregated content from our entire site, Places (a business directory), Blog (where we post both site updates and news under the news category as well as fun things to do around Okinawa, even for a cyclist like you), Forums (where one can discuss in several different topics, or even completely off topic, which you were in search of), Events (calendar(s) of events, which today remains barren due to the crisis at hand), Classifieds (a classifieds directory soon to be replaced with a better functioning version as well as new features), and Media (which is where you can upload pictures in high resolution, as they're meant to be seen).

As you mention an arrow, I can only assume that you're on a tablet or PC. Clicking the arrow and not to the left of it with the "Forums" text and icon to the left of that will merely bring down options you can do in the forums itself, such as view new posts or the members of Okinawa.org and a ladder of where people rank in different areas of participation. The arrow shouldn't be visible if you're in the Forums already though, be it a thread or a category; it should only be seen when you're outside of them such as on the Home page.

As far as the arrow goes, do you find the spacing a little difficult to click either/or? If so, that's an area of user experience that we need to look into. We didn't want a horizontally scrolling navigation bar, so we would just have to widen the page a bit in order to make them more accessible to click, such as if you are on a larger tablet trying to click either of them with your finger and go somewhere unintended.[/S]

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
Impact
OK I just noticed that there is a vertical line between forums and the arrow. I don't think I noticed it before.
Its true when new members come aboard, sometimes they bring in good ideas. :)

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Impact
We'll modify some widths and try to get the line thicker and darker so it can be a clear indication as a separator prior to compiling a guide. Though, this thread has been tagged so others searching for help using Okinawa.Org can find access to different portions of our site, other than the forums, and using other drop down arrows for those sections, until then.

It's important to us that every visitor is able to navigate the site, whether we can make all accommodations happen or not, is up to our resources. In the instance that we can't, we still focus on creating clear help guides.

However, your suggestion is good, especially on a darker screen as I just turned my brightness down and had difficulty seeing it myself. Some people choose to have their screens dimmed to save battery life or go into a night mode at times where it can be almost completely invisible to them, most likely making it difficult to navigate as it was for you. Therefore, we'll try to make it possible and ask for further feedback when we've made the changes.

Thank you for your input. :)

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cesar dela Cruz