DISCUSS Happy Goya Day!

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Goya Day In Okinawa. Please add to the discussion here.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

chris

This thread is for the general discussion of the Article Goya Day In Okinawa. Please add to the discussion here.
Goya OMG i hate the stuff. I really do no lie the most bitter tasting vegetable i think it is i have ever tasted and never will again in my life LOL. But its very well eaten by alot of folks more power to ya hope you enjoy your Goya day. Ya know what i never saw Goya on stick BBQ'D hmm business idea brewing in my mind lol

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Goya OMG i hate the stuff
I used to hate goya too. Nevertheless, the flavor really grows on you. In order to reap its full benefits of longevity—in my opinion—it should be eaten at least once or twice a week, minimum.

How I began eating goya slices was introducing the same amount of goya that would typically be served in goya chanpuru. However, instead of slicing in half down the middle and then cutting it into "C" shapes, my wife would dice it up into very small pieces; the pieces would almost be parsley sized and look as if it were more of a garnish if anything. From there, the tastes just mixed. Slowly, the garnishing got bigger and bigger where the taste doesn't bother me anymore; though, I do tend to like bitter tastes such as dark coffee, etc.—I just couldn't handle a large chunk of goya at first.

island cyclist

I think they need to make "goya sake". Actually, the Okinawan people make a kick ass whiskey of some type.
Use to come in a ceramic bottle. Do you guys know which one it is. It is so powerful.

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
my wife would dice it up into very small pieces; the pieces would almost be parsley sized and look as if it were more of a garnish if anything.
Yup. You didn't even know you were eating it with curry :ROFLMAO: Tricked ya (y)

Snow

Co-Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I think they need to make "goya sake". Actually, the Okinawan people make a kick ass whiskey of some type.
Use to come in a ceramic bottle. Do you guys know which one it is. It is so powerful.
I think I have seen it before. I'll check next time I go into a liquor shop for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
GraftonBarrows