Suggestion Geocaching on Okinawa and Sharing Caches

Elizabeth Gomez

Guest Blogger
Unpaid caches can be found at geocaching.com and there are tons of them. As for paid caches, then you are encroaching on their business, I would think. But it might be fun to get people to share stories which was what I was hoping to do by telling how I got stopped by the police.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
I can see how copying private caches over to our site might become a legal issue.

However, those caches were placed by certain individuals. I don't know if their particular caches are copyrighted, per se, or have exclusivity to the paid sites.

How would you suggest opening up a geocaching area specifically for Okinawa.Org that's organized? Would you prefer it done in a listings fashion such as in our Places directory or through a forum format, which is how other sites are, in something like Okinawa Pin Drops ("global map" to be implemented soon for all posts)?

Would you "lock" some caches from being visible to guests or even to members who haven't found X caches yet?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Latest Posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
paula yuki