Question Does Okinawa have pawnshops or recycle shops?

island cyclist

Founding Member
Just curious. Seems like Second Street is big on the main island. Nothing really is cheap either.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
There are a ton of used shops here. Second Street didn't spring up here, that I know of, until around 5 years ago.

There's also Manga Souko around the island as well as Hard Off and Book Off to just mention three other popular ones.

I haven't ever seen anything like a thrift store or pawn shop here. Everywhere wants to severely underpay and overprice used goods. This makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint as they have to pay per square meter of storage, which there is not a lot of, and wait for turnover.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Yeah, that would be the competitor site of our Okinawa Classifieds section to this site, which was only implemented because Bookoo will close traffic on Sunday when most people want to conduct business dealings.

You're rarely going to find good deals for used stuff on Okinawa with Americans. I can scroll through it and be like, "Price they could have paid, the price they could have paid, the price they paid, the price they paid." It'll only be like 1 in 50 that will actually price what items are worth used comparatively to what they should be and only 1/2 will really barter down to the range in which it should be.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aldjal