DISCUSS Cinematography Project

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
As cinematography is basically a form of photography, I figure it can be discussed here as they do go hand-in-hand.

Over the past week, I've been doing the typical work on Okinawa.Org, such as maintenance to developing new content to share, all the while working on a family project we kind of introduced a little too soon—Fun With Lana.

To capture a single picture can take anywhere from 1 second to hours of thinking about how that picture can tell a story and stand-alone by itself.

On the other hand, cinematography, well, the editing portion of it is a whole new world. I can get my edits done in Lightroom quickly. But, learning a whole new program—Premiere Pro CC—is another ballgame. While there's no real learning curve to it, it's just that it's so frustrating at times to get things perfect and I don't think they can ever get that way, well, without time; I suppose how it was with Ps+Lr was when I first began too.

I could do a simple edit. Now, I'm adding transitions, graphics overlays, etc. to try and be appealing to both Americans and Japanese, without picking and choosing a target audience at this point.

But, I'm thankful that we got nearly 500 Facebook likes and 55 YouTube subscribers before this week-long project of the introduction video went into production.

Hopefully, the channel is complete by tomorrow and we can release the final cut.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Zioncardenas