Historical Landmark Child Treasure Rock on Senaga Island in Tomigusuku

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Expecting a baby, or hoping to, soon? And hopeful for that precious baby boy or baby girl? Try out Child Treasure Rock to see if your dream becomes a reality.

Child Treasure Rock is located just off the shoreline on the far side of Senaga Island, an island connected by a bridge, in Tomigusuku City, a mere 10-minute drive south from Naha Airport.

The bouldering rock has two holes: An upper and a lower. It's believed that you will have a baby boy if you can land a pebble or small rock in the upper hole, while a girl if in the lower.

Child Treasure Rock on Senaga Island in Tomigusuku information
Caution said:
Please do not climb the rock because it is dangerous.
Follow the caution, not only because it's dangerous, but because I'm sure it doesn't quite work that way (kind of like shaking a toy catching machine 😆).

While what stands of the Child Treasure Rock now is a replica, as the original was destroyed during the Battle of Okinawa, doesn't necessarily mean that your wish won't become true.

A woman throwing a pebble into Child Treasure Rock on Senaga Island
A woman trying her luck, because 2 is enough for me. :ROFLMAO:

Try it out for yourself, and while you're there, see the many other things Senaga Island has to offer as well.

Stairway to Child Treasure Rock located behind this stone in the first parking lot if you make the first left-hand turn on Senaga Island
A stairway behind this stone in the first parking lot.

Related Article
A Must Go: Umikaji Terrace on Senaga Island

Adventure  A Must Go: Umikaji Terrace on Senaga Island

When it is very usual to see many Americans hanging out in specific areas up north, I’ve noticed that the majority of them haven’t yet discovered other great places to hang out in the southern areas of Okinawa. So, I thought that I’d share this remarkable place that my family and I like to go...

Address
Child Treasure Rock, Senaga, Tomigusuku, Japan
Coordinates
Map

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
FloraUe