Lens
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2
ISO
mm
Shutter
4 seconds
Aperture
ƒ/5.6
It was kind of neat knowing that all of Japan came together at 2000 on June 1st, 2020, to celebrate "cheeruphanabi" or, "cheer up [firework (show)]".

Each of Japan's 47 prefectures put on a 5-minute firework display throughout Japan. I'm unsure of the locations in other prefectures or if they had multiple sites, like Okinawa, or not. However, it was interesting that they kept it such a secret until it was time to light them off in order to keep social distancing due to COVID-19 still an issue.

Okinawa had firework displays in Itoman, Urasoe, Ginowan, and Chatan.

I was sure that they were going to choose either Naha Port or Onoyama Park as these two locations are used for Naha festivals quite often; and why not celebrate in the capital of Okinawa? I suppose it couldn't remain a secret for too long had they done that with as many people living in the area though...

Nonetheless, I set up shop (or my camera, rather) on the top floor of the parking garage, facing north, at AEON Oroku Naha in hopes to catch a show.

I was able to make out some smaller fireworks in Ginowan, but only one photo turned out decent as it was close enough (Urasoe) to capture with a 200mm zoom—at times like this, I wish I had the Tamron 150-600mm G2. This is because I wouldn't have needed to crop a 30.4-megapixel image to 1.2 megapixels to just get the firework in the shot, uninterrupted by hastily framing the shot (this was literally the last firework because we arrived late to make any adjustments as the show had already started when we pulled into a parking spot).

Here is my cheeruphanabi for June 1st, 2020, though! :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
I just saw on the news today that 163 companies were involved in putting on the cheeruphanabi shows around Japan in 200 different locations. 😲

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackjackMidnite