DISCUSS Camp Out On Kitanashiro Beach In Itoman!

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
While I'm out and about, sometimes I like to get artistic with my photos and post them in various places. Some make the cut for the blog, while others don't because they don't tell the story.

Here is a dragon boat (sabani as an older term used) for dragon boat races (hari) in which I posted to Instagram, along with a few other shots of Kitanashiro Beach and the surrounding area.

http://instagr.am/p/Bxzw-_jDaNI/
(Be sure to like and follow)

@Elizabeth Gomez showed interest in painting this picture and I didn't think that such the small resolution image posted to Instagram and Facebook might suffice, so, I uploaded the full resolution photo so she can see all the fine detail in our media gallerydid you know you can upload photos here at print-ready resolution?

Eventually, I hope she does decide to paint it. I can't wait to see how it turns out as I loved her painting of the Stairway to Heaven!

(Please tell me if the watermark interferes and I'll let you know how you can remove it before downloading; it will automatically be watermarked again)

Elizabeth Gomez

Guest Blogger
Thank you, David, for the inspiration for this painting! I loved the idea of trying the water and marsh texture and trying to get the texture of the old boat. The painting actually came together fairly quickly (it was brewing in my mind as soon as I saw this photo!). It's so awesome to find a photo that really speaks to you! I love how this represents Okinawa's culture and nature.

Water painting of the lone dragon boat in Itoman

OP
David

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
That water painting turned out very good, @Elizabeth Gomez! I am so overwhelmed that someone saw art in the beauty that I tried to capture that day, in my early days of photography, which I'm sure like water painting, is an ever-evolving learning process.

I hope to be able to see this one in person at the next exhibit if it's not sold by then.

Let me know if you'd like me to unwatermark the above picture. You should be able to get a crystal clear 5"x7", to possibly even an 8"x10" at that resolution, that you can put together relatively cheap (like 30 yen cheap, a little more if you go with matte paper). I also still have the original which could give you a 13"x20" if you want it that big 😅.

Elizabeth Gomez

Guest Blogger
It would be fun to post them together or even just to print out a small version of the picture to place on the back of the original when I sell it for the owner's reference!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
FloraUe