Opinion AU is the best cellphone provider in Okinawa!

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Trusted Blogger
AU, in my opinion, is the best cellphone provider in Okinawa.

I was ecstatic to receive a flyer in the mail about a great cashback deal on either an iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy A30 of up to 10,000 yen. In addition to that, the potential of an additional 20,000 yen for a total of 30,000 yen cash back.

Unfortunately, I only received 5,000 yen cash back on top of the selected A30, instead of the 20,000 because I've only been a member of AU for 7 years and it went in tiers, where 10 years and beyond was eligible for 10,000 and 20 years for 20,000.

But, I couldn't complain. I got 15,000 yen cash back on a phone that costs only about 3 times that.

If you choose to go with AU, I'd highly recommend shopping off base and trying to find deals like this. Similar deals that I got in the past were also cash back, a new 32" TV, to even a new laptop for signing up with home internet.

Here's an English speaking au Shop that I'd highly recommend, not only for the great phone service but for a little something extra to put in your pocket on the way out the door too.

au Shop Mihama

Central  au Shop Mihama

au is one of the leading cellular providers in Okinawa. This shop delivers the best customer experience for foreigners, specifically, English

You must sign in or sign up to reply here.

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account