INFO Art Exhibition At Ryubo in Naha

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
For the past 35 years, self-taught Okinawan painter Hirokazu Akamine has been collecting local and international awards for his paintings. And for 15 years, Akamine-sensei has been endeavoring to pass his knowledge to artists on Okinawa. Over these years, more than 80 students have learned a unique watercolor style from a master painter.

More information on the Naha art exhibition at Ryubo

This week, you can enjoy over 100 works from the students of Akamine's atelier.

On the 7th floor of the Ryubo Department Store in Naha, a vast gallery offers a free show from now until Sunday. If you would like an American guide, @Elizabeth Gomez will be signing in guests and answering any questions on Friday, September 27th, from 10 – 2.

Palette Kumoji

Naha  Palette Kumoji

Palette Kumoji, also known as Ryubo Department Store, is a department store located on the southernmost corner of Kokusai Street in Naha.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
It was a really nice exhibit! You have wonderful peers and a great sensei, @Elizabeth Gomez.

I especially enjoyed the "hyaku en" (¥100) theme of these two pieces done by you, even though there were one or two others on display, because of the unique concept behind them.

20190927_133850.jpg 20190927_133855.jpg

I will post more of my favorite water paintings from others later on as I go through my images from the day. :)

Elizabeth Gomez

Guest Blogger
Thanks so much! I am so very glad you made it to the exhibit! There are wonderful exhibits all the time and I really need to try to make it down there more often! Thank you for photographing my little collection! I can't wait to see the others that you post as my classmates really had some stunning pieces!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
1Kubasaki