Question Are these things still around?

Kawika0

Impact
hi,

I lived there from 91-97. Was wondering if they were still there?

Water park on east side of island.

Slide park? The one that was a slick wall on the side of a hill. Has bumps in it and is around a park of some type.

Tree park? Park made of fake trees you can run through.

Can you still get chicken yakitori from mom and pop stands?

Is gate 2 outside kadena still a big shopping area. I remember a bakery nearby and a jade business and a big video game place. There was a store called condomania that sold all types of crazy condoms. Random but funny.

I saw there is a mall out gate 1 in ginowan. is that where the mini motorcycles and go karts are? They used to be in an outside park called sunabe.

I'm sure I'll think of other questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
I can only answer two of your questions:
Can you still get chicken yakitori from mom and pop stands?
Chicken yakitori is the best from mom and pop stands, but, they can be found basically everywhere now, from convenience stores to restaurants.
Is gate 2 outside kadena still a big shopping area. I remember a bakery nearby and a jade business and a big video game place. There was a store called condomania that sold all types of crazy condoms. Random but funny.
I haven't been to Gate 2 during the day in a while, but it looks relatively dead for shopping from looking down it prior to turning to get on the expressway. I think the area is more well-known for having bars and clubs than anything now.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cesar dela Cruz