Question Are the bars off Kadena Air Base still there?

island cyclist

Founding Member
I wonder if all them bars still exist. They weren't really all that busy years ago. Most Airman stayed on base back then. Any one have any pictures of the area what it looks like these days.
The street with the bars and live music was called BC street. Everything had to shut down by 10 pm back then. The police would monitor the area, but the live music would start as soon as the police left the area.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.
OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
That's not really the area that I know of, but I'm certain that both Gate 2 Street and BC Street still have plenty of bars.
Kind of going over memory lane tonight. Sad that I didn't take any pictures of me living there back then.
So gate 2 is the main gate?
I wonder if the soldiers ventured off base before the planedemic ?
Back in my time, it was very rare to see Airman off base. I was always the adventurous type so out the gate I went. Also one of the karate dojo's was off base and one on base. Also the judo dojo was off base.

OP
island cyclist

island cyclist

Founding Member
So are bars that you buy the girls a koolaid drink still popular there?
Beer was 500 yen back then. It was always nice to chat with an old lady and hear her stories. Funny how I blended in because mostly it was all Okinawan fisherman in them bars at the time.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Okinawa.Org Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove66