DISCUSS 42nd Urasoe Tedako Festival

Events

Official Account
Okinawa added a new event:

42nd Urasoe Tedako Festival

The Urasoe Tedako Festival offers a wide variety of cultural performances and a firework spectacular at the end.

Visitors can participate in a drum carnival, watch traditional performing arts such as Eisa dancers and partake in a lot of different activities as well as enjoy food from various vendors.

The event is held at ANA Sports Park Urasoe on Saturday, October 20–21 beginning at 1500 and wraps up at 2045 with a grand finale firework display. Though, there are overlapping events that...
Read more about this event...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
The fireworks were supposed to begin at 2045, as such, I began live streaming just slightly before then so I could set up my tripod for my DSLR and get my composition locked in too. However, there was a delay for some reason and the fireworks didn't begin until around 2110.

Here's the video of the fireworks on the first day (October 19, 2019) of the 42nd Urasoe Tedako Festival, live-streamed on our Facebook Page.

You will need to skip to about 20:40 in the video to catch the show.

Apologies for the shakiness. I didn't realize how close I was to "ground zero" and constantly had to adjust angles to capture the fireworks, all the while taking photos, which will be posted at a later date (if they turn out as this was my first time shooting fireworks).

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Today's event, October 20, has been cancelled due to inclement weather.

Awaiting whether there will still be a firework display at 2045 or not as the weather that canceled the main festival events has drastically changed.

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
The firework display for tonight has also been canceled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Forum Statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Anggirls