News 10,000 Facebook Likes; 10,000 Yen Donated to HelpOki

og:title
Okinawa.Org donates to HelpOki
html:title
Okinawa.Org donates to HelpOki
Okinawa.Org Facebook

Okinawa.Org reached a milestone of achieving 10,000 likes on our Facebook Page.​

10,000 Facebook likes for Okinawa.Org

As such, we took this opportunity to create a campaign of sorts to give back to the local community.

We have chosen to give 10,000 yen to HelpOki to stock their food bank as we are certain that they are more than capable of filling that space while we focus on our efforts to fulfill our specific mission.​

Okinawa.Org donation to HelpOki

The forum operates on razor-thin margins and barely profits each month with the expensive overhead costs. This donation couldn't have been possible without two of our community members, @hmorris48 and @island cyclist, donating a bit from their wallets too.

If you would like to support our efforts in returning to Okinawa, continue to use the forum and other areas of our site so that we can continue to grow and continue to give. You can always assist HelpOki stock their food bank as well by heading on over to their donation page to give whatever you are able to!​

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of Okinawa.Org.

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
The forum operates on razor-thin margins and barely profits each month with the expensive overhead costs. This donation couldn't have been possible without two of our community members, @hmorris48 and @island cyclist, donating a bit from their wallets too.
Sorry for putting you two in the spotlight without asking first, but I think your donation deserves some attention. I'm sure that HelpOki appreciates it, but more than anything, I do as it helps achieve our goal of giving back as much as we can whether that be money, things people need, or even our time.

Collectively, we can make a difference in Okinawa! :)

OP
Okinawa

Okinawa

Okinawa.Org Staff
Okinawa.Org Staff
Official Account
Impact
David and Snow, I just went over to the page HelpOki, my heart was touched. I'm glad I could help out.
Glad you could help too!

Information about Okinawa or Japan is invaluable as well because it allows us to increase our position on Google for tourism in Okinawa. From there, Google AdSense revenue is generated by anyone not logged in and even members that decide not to turn ads off in account preferences.

(Yeah, we're completely ad-free for those who want to join the discussion! We feel members will donate to help the cause while guests may be in and out when they get the information they came looking for)

David

Founder
Okinawa.Org Staff
Impact
I'm glad I could help out.
I don't know much about the organization except that they fairly recently opened a physical location for a food bank. Surely, this can help them push out a couple of meals to some local families.

About a month ago, we were able to use our Facebook reach and get an estimated $500 or so in donations—a combination of cash, food, clothing, and toys—to help a mother with three beautiful children out in a time of need. I hope that we can continue making a positive impact on lives here in Okinawa, as one and as a community.

It would be nice if the future brings us 5-figure numbers each month to help feed children through school breaks as some kids get by on just school food each day to even sponsoring beach cleanups and anything else that can help the people of Okinawa.

Sign In or Sign Up

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Create an Account

Site Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sempai_Reg